Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Multi game networked cabinets, dhcp or static IP?  (Read 1665 times)

jayc001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2023, 06:14:55 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Multi game networked cabinets, dhcp or static IP?
« on: February 07, 2021, 01:58:23 pm »
I've finished building my second Daytona cab and I'm interested in multiplayer games particularly the newer games such as SR3, Daytona 3, Mario Kart Gp, Outrun SPDX etc. I have all the games setup for single cab but would like to hear from anyone who has multi game cabs set for 2 players how are the networked? Some guides for the games suggest dhcp and some static.

Zeosstud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 03:12:48 pm
Re: Multi game networked cabinets, dhcp or static IP?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 11:02:54 pm »
For me, playing those games using Teknoparrot, I got into my home router and set us the machines I used with static dhcp..  You leave your router on DHCP but in a certain section go in and tell it for these mac addresses assign this IP, so sort of a combo of your question. For Teknoparrot honestly, I do not think the ips really matter, you go in and set a Cabinet ID of each machine, that is the thing it cares about most, I just tried to standardize which computer was ID 1, ID 2, ID 3 and ID 4 and of course they all had the IPs too, whatever makes sense to you.  If you happen to do it this way, also be sure and turn off your firewall to the computers before you play, it helps make the connections easier. 

Here is a command you can put in a .bat file to easily turn off/on your firewall.. Changing off or on as desired.. I added the pause just so I knew when it ran, totally optional..

NetSh Advfirewall set allprofiles state off
pause

-Zeosstud

jayc001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2023, 06:14:55 am
Re: Multi game networked cabinets, dhcp or static IP?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 03:28:16 am »
Thanks for the reply. I've set static IP and these two cabinets are offline and connected via a switch so firewall is off as there's no risk to them. I've got a few games set up but really struggling with Daytona 3. I've started a new thread for that.

In case anyone is interested I did try DHCP but several games required static so I went with a 192.168.1.x IP.