Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Tully cabaret question.  (Read 1093 times)

lomoverde

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 09:16:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Tully cabaret question.
« on: January 13, 2021, 03:57:46 pm »
Just went back into lockdown today for 2 weeks,so last night dashed out and got some wood to build a Tully cabaret using the plans on here.

I bought the wood click and collect,and loaded it into the car after just eyeballing the wood as it was end of the world bedlam at the store.Got it home and its 4 sheets of 120x60x1.8 cm
 I had ordered 122x61cm and cant return it for at least 2 weeks so im just getting on with it.Tullys plans state 122cm high side panels.

I like the look of the side panels just above the ground but am thinking what ive already lost in height (only 2 cm )and a tad more cleaning up the bottom edge,will i be a bit on the short side? I cant find any build pictures that really show if anyone has used a raised base and how it looks.

Also i have tried to search,but havent seen how people have lit the marquee,as in do you build a back box behind it?Id love to try the video marquees ive seen a couple implement in future.

thanks for any pointers.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:38:31 pm
Re: Tully cabaret question.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 07:17:59 pm »
I would use a base if you can and raise it up.  It will look great.  Just build a box out of plywood or MDF and paint it black and fasten it to the inside of your 4 panels (sides, front and back).  THIS is how I made the base for my DK+ and it came out great.  I'm also in the process of building a cabaret that looks a lot like a Tully and for that one I just installed some blocking and some leg levelers to get it off the ground.

lomoverde

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 09:16:34 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Tully cabaret question.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 04:23:02 pm »
I would use a base if you can and raise it up.  It will look great.  Just build a box out of plywood or MDF and paint it black and fasten it to the inside of your 4 panels (sides, front and back).  THIS is how I made the base for my DK+ and it came out great.  I'm also in the process of building a cabaret that looks a lot like a Tully and for that one I just installed some blocking and some leg levelers to get it off the ground.

Thanks for replying,i will build a base as you recomend,after cutting the first side panel and standing it up,im not lacking in height as much as id feared.
 I kind of rushed into this with a lockdown looming,and havent even finalised my plans for CP and a theme.But I bought the tvs for this about 2 years ago so i needed a kick start.
                                cheers :cheers: