Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DW Jukebox Limitations  (Read 2521 times)

Gazzer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 04:01:26 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
DW Jukebox Limitations
« on: January 08, 2021, 04:33:05 pm »
Does anybody know if there is a limit to the amount of albums that can be loaded. I have over 1500 albums and it gets to the “U” folders and I get errors reading / loading the files all the way through to ZZ Top.

Does SK Jukebox fair better?

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:33:53 pm
Re: DW Jukebox Limitations
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 11:00:14 pm »
I gave up on DW Jukebox a long time ago because it kept running into trouble with my large music database. I have nearly 3000 albums or "collections" representing around 20000 individual tracks. I didn't find anything else that quite met my needs either.

So what I did was to use mplayer, a free command-line based media player that runs without a gui (you can have a gui if you want, but you have to compile it in!).

Then used MP3tag to curate my music collection and create playlists (.m3u files).

Used the playlists folders as "ROMS" folder for my MAME frontend to generate lists from. Made ROM extentions ".m3u"

Then ran the playlists with mplayer from a BAT file.

There is also a BAT file to issue a "kill" command (using nircmd, also free) to kill any current mplayer process, before launching the newly selected playlist.

By creating a shortcut to the "kill" BAT file, you can also make a key combination (I use CTRL-ALT-2) to kill any playlists currently running. This way you can also kill the music from default MAME controls.

It is simple but works well. One thing I never got around to working out was how to cue music playlists.
Check out my completed projects!