Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Robotron control panel  (Read 3672 times)

Erock75

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2021, 11:01:06 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Robotron control panel
« on: December 21, 2020, 03:07:12 pm »
Hello everyone,

I am making a Control Panel for my Robotron. I am putting the dust washers under the metal plates. I was wondering does anyone know the depth of the round pockets? Is there some clearance between the wood and the dust washer and the metal plate. Just want to do my best to have it correct. I have attached a picture. I am looking from top of control panel to the surface marked in red. Thanks.

ChanceKJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2021, 02:52:06 pm
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 03:23:02 am »
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 02:05:45 am by ChanceKJ »

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2024, 09:03:59 am
Re: Robotron control panel
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 02:34:31 pm »
Are you using Aspire by chance?  The screenshot looked like an Aspire rendering.  I built a Robotron from scratch and have Aspire projects for the control panel pieces.  I built it like the original with the metal plates holding the dust washer captive.

Erock75

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2021, 11:01:06 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 06:36:12 pm »
Actually that is is picture from your build, I didn't have a picture to use to show people exactly what I want to show.
I have the model from a 3d DXF file and I really don't like the quality of the part model in which I have, some numbers off based on findings on the web.
I was wondering do you have a 3d file of your design? Either 3d DXF or .step (.stp) or .igs even a parasolid. That is really what I was looking for.
I am also build it with dust washers under the plates. Thanks.

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2024, 09:03:59 am
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 07:27:41 pm »
OK I attached the DXF file I created for someone else before.  It's got all dimensions for the top panel and I added the depths I used for the plate, dust cover, and T-nut pockets.  The depth of the plate depends on the thickness of the metal you get of course so may need to be adjusted.  Not sure why my depths are 4 decimal places I believe I started out in metric and then converted to inches which created those numbers.  These measurements matched up to the control panel overlay from ArcadeShop.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 07:51:32 pm »
 :applaud:  Look at that!  Actual help on this topic. And he didn't even need to shill his youtube channel. :lol Nice job Gilrock

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:11:07 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 03:57:51 am »
:applaud:  Look at that!  Actual help on this topic. And he didn't even need to shill his youtube channel. :lol Nice job Gilrock

:laugh2:

Poor guy's second post and his first reply is a useless answer padded with monetized self promotion-

I guess shame too is in the eye of the beholder
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.