Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Daytona Usa Deluxe? cabinet VR camera underground  (Read 1891 times)

Jakerss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2021, 03:09:24 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Daytona Usa Deluxe? cabinet VR camera underground
« on: December 14, 2020, 03:51:38 pm »
Hello, I recently purchased 3 Daytona USA arcade cabinets they all seem to have one issue or another but are all functioning one cabinet was working perfectly fine for a few days and then the camera started to fall underneath the map. The only one that allows you to still play the game is VR 2 (Blue Button) but it puts you behind the dash of the car instead of on the hood. Anyone ever had this issue before or know of a solution? (Sorry this is my first time diping into racing cabinets any help or advice would be much appreciated!)

BigPanik

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2022, 06:02:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Daytona Usa Deluxe? cabinet VR camera underground
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 11:32:08 pm »
Seems to be an edition special version with moving seats. You have a video board in error with 3D and the screen display need to be adjust.

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:51:46 am
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 02:28:18 am »
I don't have those game pcbs nor I know the specific pcb from experience, but let me give you my 2 cents to start troubleshooting.
Check you power supply first, especially for +5V.
You should check for +5V not only at the PSU, but also far from the power connector in the game pcbs.
Then check your connectors. Unplugging connectors and then re-plugging is generally sufficient to restore a lost or "floating" electrical connection. It could also break corroded pins, but I don't think these boards suffer from corrosion.
After that you could start considering a pcb fault.
Being that you have more than one pcb, swapping them could give you good informations and help  troubleshooting.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 02:35:36 am by baritonomarchetto »

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 10:40:04 am »
Considering the game is running fine other than the camera view it's more than likely corrupted roms.  You'll probably end up having to get a new set burned.