Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2 Player Console Games  (Read 2115 times)

aevans0001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2023, 04:50:15 pm
2 Player Console Games
« on: November 25, 2020, 11:29:22 pm »
Has anyone found a way to setup a 2 player console game, for example Mario Kart for Nintendo 64, using 2 racing wheels?  I currently have 2 Cart Fury Arcade machines that I have outfitted with 2 stmf4 boards.  The plan is to Use a kvm or usb sharing device to join the 2 machines together. 

Here are my problems I have ran into so f
I tried the simple KVM switch, for some reason the stmf4 are not recognized through the KVM

The KVM I bought said I could add additional usb devices if I used a powered usb hub, I bought one and tried and still not recognized.

I wired up a second STM32f4 board in pc2 of the cart fury boards.  All the controls are on both stm32f4 boards and 1 is plugged into pc1 and the other is plugged into pc2.  This works 100%, as long as only 1 stm32f4 are hooked up to pc1.  If both are plugged in the buttons default to a different wiring setup. 

I feel the problem is in the firmware that I am using. My thinking is possible if I find a different firmware to use on pc1, then when i hook up the pc2 stm32f4 it will work properly as the 2 will not conflict.

Any HELP would be GREATLY APPRECIATED

POPO69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 06:15:39 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: 2 Player Console Games
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 05:03:24 pm »
Hello you need two PC
and this emulator
PJ64-Netplay-July-30-2020
when you play It, the frst player is the HOST and the second pc the Slave...you must to select the good option at the beginning of different game N64
good game

aevans0001

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2023, 04:50:15 pm
Re: 2 Player Console Games
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 12:27:39 am »
Thanks @POPO69.  I have tried project 64 netplay

i also found other emulators to play online also.

Dolphin Netplay for Wii and Gamecube
Project 64 netplay for Nintendo 64
Retroarch Netplay - For systems 16bit systems or less, and some arcade games

Anyone if try to hook up 2 racing cabs to each other to play 2 player games.  For instance I had this idea to use a kvm and a usb extension cable to hook up my 2 cabs into 1 pc, or be able to play them separately on 2 pcs.   I almost got it working but my current controller panel is a stm32 and the firmware does not support 2 players.  I do hav an option of using 2 stm32 boards with 2 different firmwares, and I may try that in the future.