Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Kortek monitor not powering on  (Read 2069 times)

tubadude45

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 11, 2020, 08:30:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Kortek monitor not powering on
« on: November 11, 2020, 08:26:50 pm »
I recently picked up a kortek ktm-f 33" display. I am getting no picture or any sign it is powered on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Jomo924

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2021, 04:10:57 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Kortek monitor not powering on
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 04:10:57 pm »
If you find anyone that works on or knows Kortek monitors PLEASE PLEASE let me know , I have a KT2938DF  , 29” monitor that has 120v going to it but won’t power up same as yours

Silverwind

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2022, 12:49:09 am
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 04:02:50 pm »
Argh, I have a Betson Imperial / Kortek monitor that just clicks when I try to power it on. : (

Contacted Betson today and they no longer repair them.

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 02:59:55 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 09:11:07 pm »
There are a number of members here who are really knowledgeable about Kortek monitors, so maybe one will chime in and can help.

Or you can always get in line here.

https://www.arcadecup.com/

I haven't sent him a chassis of mine yet but I read nothing but raves about the quality of his work (even if it takes a while.)

And it seems he is so busy that he doesn't spend (waste) time with communication, just pumps out good work.
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:33:53 pm
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 05:48:33 pm »
Sometimes it takes a while for people to respond, or maybe they just won't without more info to go on.

This facebook group is quite active and useful: Arcade Monitor Repair
Check out my completed projects!

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:44:40 pm
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 04:18:26 am »
quickest way to prove anything on a chassis is dummy load the horizontal output of the flyback, best way to do it is remove the HOT and add a 40w lamp to the centre pin track and ground, if the lamp light up then you can read the b+, if thats all good and the HOT test ok then likely the issue is the drive signal for the HOT which normally going to be an open circuit coil or a faulty ic. If the lamp does not light then you desolder the b+ pin of the flyback and add the lamp to the track of that and then if the lamp lights up then flyback is probably bad
Korteks suffer from bad flybacks and also due to age I expect a fair few caps will need replacing, also worth noting are hv caps in the horizontal deflection circuit which can cause a mutlitude of issues - from killing the HOT to width issues to ocp issues to excessive HV

if you are not technical then don't attempt any of the above due to dangerous voltages, just send to someone for repair- you have quite a few repair companies in North America