Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anybody wanna try the Super Pacman 20 stages in 10 minutes challenge?  (Read 2714 times)

Phreakwars

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:26:11 pm
  • Waka-Waka
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146325.0.html
    • My Facebook Page
Namco rom set is used, any skill level you want. Easiest if it helps.Very simple rules. Make it to stage 20 and clear it, in 10 minutes or less. If you lose a man, no big deal, you just gotta clear them screens.

It was an old challenge we would make on each other at the W.C. Franks where the Super Pacman machine could be found. I'm pretty damn good at it and can do it, but my son makes me look like a newb.

Here's a video of his mad skills:

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:44:38 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
Re: Anybody wanna try the Super Pacman 20 stages in 10 minutes challenge?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 08:26:52 pm »
Hm, I’m going to give it a shot.  Seems like a fun idea.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 09:41:48 pm »
Can't remember if I hate super pacman or not.... it's on the cab so I'll try it tomorrow.  Crappy iphone pic of the monitor is ok right?

mameotron

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:10:51 am
  • A mamer is you...
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 11:46:10 am »
This looks like fun, although I was never a fan of Super Pacman.  If I remember, it was really hard to control Pacman when he was big and fast.  Looks like that's how he is most of the time on the video you posted :)

Phreakwars

• Offline Offline
  • Waka-Waka
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 12:23:29 pm »
It's fun if you try with the Namco rom set instead of the Midway. The Namco set has him moving faster and really tests the hand/eye coordination. If you get a decent pattern down it gets a bit easier. I tried replicating my son's pattern and I can't do it, I have to use my own. Maybe because I'm used to my 30+ year old pattern and can't adapt? I guess one thing I noticed about my boys pattern, is he will eat open all the gates to clear the level. Can't really explain his logic in that, but then he has Autism, so I won't even try. He consistently gets higher bonus round points then me, so I guess I can't judge. In the video on like stage 19 in the bonus round, you can see him hit 12,000. My jaw just dropped when I saw that. I think 11,600 is the best I've ever been able to hit.

mameotron

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:10:51 am
  • A mamer is you...
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 04:31:14 pm »
heh, so I suck at Super Pacman.  Just now got to level 20 without dying.  Looks like I got a ways to go to do it in 10 minutes  :notworthy:

Phreakwars

• Offline Offline
  • Waka-Waka
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 05:45:43 pm »
You'll greatly improve once you get a personal pattern down. Helps if you are younger and have the hand reflexes. I'm actually better at it on an 8 way Happ stick then a typical 4 way. I'm just used to Happ I guess.

Here's one of my runs from a few years back: