Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Galaxian Leaf Switch Wiring  (Read 721 times)

Misspent_youth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2020, 10:43:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Galaxian Leaf Switch Wiring
« on: September 30, 2020, 10:43:11 pm »
Hi, I need some help. I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I'm new and the search function on the forum is still booked. Google didn't help, either at large or directed into the forum here.  I've got a stand-up Galaxian and I'm building a new two button control panel so as not to hack up the original while I use the Galaxian for 60-in-1. The original control panel has both a neutral wire (pink, if it matters) daisy-chained between all the switches (for the buttons and joystick) and also a ground wire (green) daisy-chained between all the switches and also grounded to a couple of grounding points on the panel (actually just a couple of the carriage bolts connecting the plywood to the metal panel). So there are three wires soldered to three different solder points on each leaf switch. Both the neutral and ground wire feed back into the 9 pin molex connector to connect to the harness. Any idea why it's like this? My leaf switches for the new control panel only have the two solder points, and most comments about wiring mention only the two wires, so I don't know how to recreate the original wiring in my new panel.