Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JVL retro io battery  (Read 2956 times)

fewpheonix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2020, 08:27:09 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
JVL retro io battery
« on: July 14, 2020, 06:48:16 pm »
So just finally was able to desolder the old io battery out, and replaced it with a new battery in my JVL retro.On startup however, the machine still gives me the corrupted file, needs factory reset message. I am concerned I didn’t solder the new battery wires in completely. I know I have the wires going through the correct holes. Do the wires need to be bent after coming through to touch the sides of the board? Should I use solder just in the backside? Any advice would be appreciated? Thank you all!

Megatouchmike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:29:37 pm
Re: JVL retro io battery
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 07:02:35 pm »
It will do that on the first boot. Shouldn't after you factory reset. If it still is, you've botched the solder job

fewpheonix

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2020, 08:27:09 pm
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 07:54:06 pm »
That’s what I figured. It still gives me the message on repeated startups. Can I fix the soldering by adding more solder?

orizzle

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2020, 07:20:41 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 07:05:13 am »
You should get a multimeter and ensure the battery is making good contact. And that you didn't install it backwards

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk