Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Avoid AimTrak Calibration when using Uzis in Time Crisis? + 4 Other Questions.  (Read 1995 times)

LightFun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 26, 2021, 12:09:56 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
So at first I thought there was something wrong with my AimTrak, the IR bar or my positioning as it kept losing connection intermittently, then I figured out by using Machine Guns in Time Crisis 2 and Time Crisis 3 I was keeping the trigger held down for 5 seconds and sending it into Calibration Mode in the middle of my game session  :lol

* How can I change the AimTrak's settings so I can keep the trigger held down indefinitely without going into Calibration mode?

I'm playing on PS2 if that makes a difference to the solution.

Also other queries:

* Is there any way to hardset the AimTrak to PS2 mode so I don't have to keep the A and B buttons held down every time I boot up the PS2?

* Any way to make the Recoil repeatedly fire while keeping the trigger held down? (For better immersion with Machine Guns).

* Can AimTrak work well with FPS and TPS games? If yes, what's the recommended setup to ensure one can move and use action buttons, as well as aim and shoot?

* What's the best small form factor/small footprint device that I can use for good Light Gun game emulation that will work with AimTrak? I'm mostly interested in PS1, Sega and Arcade Exclusive 90s/early 00s light gun games with this method that I otherwise can't play using the PS2 hardware. The PS2 can play PS1 games of course, but the AimTrak won't work with PS1 games (thank goodness for the Gunvari Collection!). 

I actually have a beefy PC (2080Ti, 3900x  :notworthy:) but I much prefer using the Light Gun on my 50 inch TV rather than 27 inch Monitor, and I don't want to move my PC from the Office Room to my Bedroom.

I didn't realise the AimTrak worked with PS2 until after buying it and messing about with it a bit with Time Crisis 1 and 2 on MAME.

The PS2 is  much more streamlined and hassle free than messing about with PS2 emulation on PC. My original purpose of buying the AimTrak was all PC Emulation focused, so the PS2 support was a nice surprise to find out and it feels somewhat "purer" to be doing this on original hardware.  :P