Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Interfacing Analogue Controls (pots from steering wheels, pedals, etc)  (Read 1555 times)

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:13:32 am
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
So.. I'm starting my journey of converting my Rush the Rock into a MAME driving cabinet using an L2Happ board I'm building.

The build requires sacrificing a Logitech driving force / Driving Force EX wheel, which I already have in my posession.   From what I've been able to tell, you can pump the steering pot through the Logitech board, and the same with the pedeal.  however, the Driving Force/Driving Force EX only have 2 pedals (brake/gas), whereas the Rush the Rock has 3 (Clutch).  So this is going to pose an interesting problem in which I need to interafce another analogue control (clutch pot) with the PC, and somehow aggregate that input with the input from the Driving Force --

I know I can't have been the first person to have this issue, but I'm not sure how to resolve it.  I've done some looking around but haven't found a solution as of yet.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Eduardoml

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 07:53:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I used an Arduino Leonardo with Ai Wave Wheel config to convert an OffRoad Challenge into Hyperspin/ Mame cab, i followed this tutorial to interface the wheel with the force feedback and the buttons: https://www.kaskus.co.id/show_post/5879c1b9ded770e7728b456c/1326/-

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Did the driving force ex ever have a three pedal option?  The reason I ask is with most racing wheels the only difference between two and three pedal sets is the wiring.  You might be able to just wire another pedal in there on unused pins.