Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Cinematronics/Leland Strike Zone MAME/ Control Panel  (Read 3018 times)

HitTheShowers99

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 08, 2020, 08:53:05 pm
  • Just a small town girl living in a lonely world
Cinematronics/Leland Strike Zone MAME/ Control Panel
« on: April 20, 2020, 04:36:25 pm »
Hi Guys, looking to run the Strike Zone mame rom with the original controls as I have the upright cabinet. I'm not sure if the toggle arm type joysticks are compatible with the apac or ipac, or exactly what they are really. Attached some pics, they appear to be a spring loaded trackball of some type. Any thoughts much appreciated

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:13:23 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Cinematronics/Leland Strike Zone MAME/ Control Panel
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 05:37:11 pm »
I'm not sure if the toggle arm type joysticks are compatible with the apac or ipac, or exactly what they are really.
They are non-centered, spring-loaded analog (potentiometer) joysticks.
- When you move the stick, the bottom of the stick pushes against the slots in the curved pieces shown in the first picture.
- The end of one curved piece connects to and turns the X-axis potentiometer.
- The end of the other curved piece connects to and turns the Y-axis potentiometer.

You'll need an analog encoder like the A-Pac, U-HID, or KADE miniArcade 2.0.

Scott