Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME 0.220 Released!  (Read 2637 times)

Tafoid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:45:31 pm
  • Emulation Devotee
    • MAMELOAD TNG (Front-End)
MAME 0.220 Released!
« on: April 06, 2020, 08:46:35 am »
MAME 0.220

In a world of uncertainty, perhaps you can derive a little comfort from MAME 0.220, our delayed release for the March development cycle.  This month has seen fixes for some old bugs in Final Star Force, Ribbit!  and Night Slashers, emulation of Crab Grab (the other Game & Watch title with a colour overlay), the acquisition of Solite Spirits (an early version of what became 1945k III), and preliminary work on the Naruto TV game running on the XaviX 2 platform.  There are some big software list updates this month, including a lot of Apple II software aimed at North Dakota schools, and the latest VGM music packs.  Speaking of which, the VGM player can now show pretty visualisations while you listen.

Newly supported peripherals include the Baby Blue II CPU Plus card for PC compatibles, serial and CP/M modules for the HP 85 and HP 86, more sound and disk expansions for the TI-99 family, the CoCo PSG cartridge, and a variety of 8-bit Acorn expansions.  We’ve added ROM dumps for a lot of synthesisers in this release, and while most of them are not working yet, they’re there to tinker with if you’re interested.

As always, you can get the source and 64-bit Windows binary packages from the download page.

knightrdrx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 06, 2020, 10:45:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: MAME 0.220 Released!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 07:47:59 pm »
why are other systems here? there are other emulators for that? I guess as a end user i'm not seeing the purpose.

Osirus23

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2021, 01:33:52 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 08:13:59 pm »
why are other systems here? there are other emulators for that? I guess as a end user i'm not seeing the purpose.

Scope Creep devoured MAME some years back.

meyer980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:07:47 pm
  • Building fun things for fun
    • sergiostuff.com/2020/04/15/felix-son-arcade-game/
    • Sergio Stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 03:36:09 pm »

I'm not part of the mamedev team, but I think one of the answers they'd give is they're going for accuracy over performance, which is different than many other emulators. They're also covering MANY machines nobody else has ever looked at. The Game & Watch games are one example that I've benefited from. MAME is the only emulator for those machines, running the original ROMS, that I know of. The few other similar things out there are just simulations or recreations.