Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: One stupid question.  (Read 1993 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:49:43 pm
One stupid question.
« on: March 22, 2020, 02:38:45 pm »
I know, before the old groovymame days, regular mortals like me, would use mame on 15khz monitors either with arcadevga or ati hacks. The it came groovymame. Now, i do have a special version of mame that enables coin hoppers to be outputed together with mamehooker, so gaming games can output coins or tickets. So one of my questions is, what is the main difference between a regular old mame .142 or grovymame? Im planing to build a couple of cabs, one cocktail and one cabaret, on the cabaret, i would love to include this games , i really not gonna use any fancy features, so im thinking maybe regular mame would be ok. Second question, can groovymame developers add the coin hopper option to mame? thanks for any help.

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
Re: One stupid question.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 08:23:33 am »
Put simply, gropvymame is a fork/patch of mame with the goal of emulation on a crt.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 12:25:51 pm »
Put simply, gropvymame is a fork/patch of mame with the goal of emulation on a crt.
Yes thas what i tought, so tha leaves my second question open, can groovymame developers add coin hopper option available?

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 02:15:41 pm »
Yes thas what i tought, so tha leaves my second question open, can groovymame developers add coin hopper option available?

Source code for mame is publicly available on GitHub. GroovyMame is available as a patch to be applied to mame (and now as modified mame source in git repo). You can clone mame git repo, download and apply groovymame patch, and continue modifying source to your desire. You might want to find out what code was modified or who modified your special version of mame. Do you have the source code or a patch? GroovyMame devs focus on crt, and are working hard for updating the project.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 11:04:42 am »

Source code for mame is publicly available on GitHub. GroovyMame is available as a patch to be applied to mame (and now as modified mame source in git repo). You can clone mame git repo, download and apply groovymame patch, and continue modifying source to your desire. You might want to find out what code was modified or who modified your special version of mame. Do you have the source code or a patch? GroovyMame devs focus on crt, and are working hard for updating the project.
No im sorry i dont have the source code, just a windows binary.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2024, 09:37:21 am
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 06:36:57 am »
I'd like to say that I'm "non-binary", but I also believe that quantum bits are valid too and that acceptance of them is the way of the future. Explore compiling the source code, incorporating others ideas, or taking what is given.
Check out my completed projects!