Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Xbox pc controller drivers  (Read 2798 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:58:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Xbox pc controller drivers
« on: February 17, 2004, 04:29:06 pm »
I've tried several of the drivers swimming about the net, but none of them seem to work with force feedback (although many claim to support it)  can anyone point me to a set of drivers that have forcefeedback support and don't suck?  

I'm currently using xctrl drivers. They are supposed to have ff support but I can't get them to operate outside of the control panel.  

Btw, I'm using a stock xbox controller for my testing with a commercial adapter so it isn't a hardware issue.

Yander

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 08, 2013, 08:00:14 pm
Re:Xbox pc controller drivers
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 08:13:18 am »
I have the same setup except I nade my own adapter and Code Undergrounds' Xctrl worked perfect with forcefeedback. It only works with games that support it. I tested it with Nascar Thunder 2004 demo and it rumbled ok. I was kind of upset it doesn't work with any N64 emus.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:58:33 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 03:04:36 pm »
Turns out I was trying games I could have sworn had ff but they didn't.  Btw ff does indeed work in n64 emus, you need the nrage dx8 input plugin version 2

In the devices tab, set your rumblepack settings and then in the controller pak tab select rumble pak and then turn on raw data.  You'll have to restart the emu for it to take effect.

Yander

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 08, 2013, 08:00:14 pm
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 07:55:48 am »
 ;D Awesome that really helps out Ocarina of Time.