Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bucket List Games  (Read 7721 times)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
Re: Bucket List Games
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2020, 01:06:44 am »
I looked it up... it's Blast Corps. 

I added Alice to my list... been meaning to try that one. 

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:44:38 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2020, 11:05:24 am »
Ah... don't think I played Blast Corps.  Total Annihilation was the one you always heard about as being better than Command and Conquer but nobody played it.  I recall the story was that some competitor bought them out and shut it down, but wikipedia doesn't bear that out.

This thread inspired me to go back and play that 3DS Zelda game.  After an hour, I managed to find a compass in the dungeon I'm still stuck in. 

Laythe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2024, 02:52:10 am
  • "-smurfing- delivers." - Yots
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149109.0.html
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2020, 06:38:18 pm »
Ah... don't think I played Blast Corps.  Total Annihilation was the one you always heard about as being better than Command and Conquer but nobody played it.  I recall the story was that some competitor bought them out and shut it down, but wikipedia doesn't bear that out.

Total Annihilation was superb, but hard to swallow now - early software 3d rendering did not age well.  The best successor is Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.  Amazing sense of scale, and the ability to give orders once like "this factory should make 2 fighters and then 1 bomber, repeating, forever, which fly this patrol pattern and refuel whenever they need to" without any more endless clicks of micromanagement.  It's a revelation.

(SupCom2 is a POS though, skip it.)

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2020, 10:52:59 pm »
I’ve been thinking about this thread a lot.  This virus has me stuck at home.  What game, even in these circumstances, am I never going to finish?  Skyrim on PSVR.  The graphics are rough but it’s probably the most immersive experience I’ve ever had in a video game.  And it kills 3 hours of my life every time I boot it up.  And I accomplish nothing.

:dunno

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 02:59:55 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2020, 04:45:37 am »
I’ve been thinking about this thread a lot.  This virus has me stuck at home.  What game, even in these circumstances, am I never going to finish?  Skyrim on PSVR.  The graphics are rough but it’s probably the most immersive experience I’ve ever had in a video game.  And it kills 3 hours of my life every time I boot it up.  And I accomplish nothing.

:dunno

Kinda sounds like an accolade...?
Sorta?
The Elder Scrolls series looked fun to me but (in some ways sadly) I have had too many other things going on for most of the last 25 years even for much gaming.
Would love to start on them though-
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 02, 2024, 07:42:30 pm
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2020, 10:18:22 pm »
Here are a list of games I've had on the pile that I've wanted to finish.

older:
Chrono Cross
Shenmue
Heretic
Panzer Dragoon Saga

newer:
Hollow Knight
Shadowrun Returns
Witcher III
The Outer Worlds

Few more games I'm adding to my bucket list:

Snatcher
Policenauts

I've played these, but never finished them. Now that they're fully translated on multiple systems (Saturn, PSX, PCE) I should probably play them through again.

Doom Eternal

I really like the rebirth of Doom, and Eternal looks a lot more fun than the previous modern release. They even did platforming well for an FPS. Been watching some streams of this lately, and they convinced me to get it.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2020, 03:30:30 pm »
I’m just cheating my way through old games to say I did it.  The mindless hour has been a nice reprieve.

This one already came invincibility patched in CoinOps... so here’s one that’s been on my list for 30 years done.