Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Racing Apex news  (Read 8127 times)

MrThunderwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
Re: Racing Apex news
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2020, 09:38:22 am »
Technically it's the brake, but it does put you into insta-drift mode, so it feels very Outrun 2-esque to me. If this were a full price, triple A title, I think the pickings would seem a bit slim, but for the budget friendly price it's going for I don't think you can go wrong with it. Here's some gameplay of the PS4 game I uploaded yesterday. The PS4 internal capture device really doesn't do the lovely 60fps fps gameplay justice. Also this is just the Normal mode. Expert ups the overall game speed considerably

vandale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2024, 06:15:03 am
  • Id 10 and t error
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2020, 04:12:19 pm »
Technically it's the brake, but it does put you into insta-drift mode, so it feels very Outrun 2-esque to me. If this were a full price, triple A title, I think the pickings would seem a bit slim, but for the budget friendly price it's going for I don't think you can go wrong with it. Here's some gameplay of the PS4 game I uploaded yesterday. The PS4 internal capture device really doesn't do the lovely 60fps fps gameplay justice. Also this is just the Normal mode. Expert ups the overall game speed considerably

Does the ps4 version do a split screen 2p mode?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2020, 06:12:05 pm »
Apparently it supports 4 players locally. I haven't got enough Dualshock 4 pads to actually put that to the test though.

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:29:26 am
    • For Amusement Only e.V.
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2020, 09:21:45 am »
Having played a few hours now, I can say the game was worth it's money.
Overall handling is nice - Sound is not getting on my nerves and the music fits in well.

However... It seems like there is literaly nobody playing the game online on Steam. I've been waiting in an empty Quick Match Lobby for like two hours without a single player joining in.
Also the game is... well... take a "fast" car, like the F-90 or the Mirage, and still every AI player will stick on your tail, keep up without problems and boost-slingshot past you all the time.
Once you fall behind a few feet, it becomes kinda impossible to catch up.

I completed every GP on "hard" so far, but hardly have any reason to even try expert difficulty.
I do all that stuff even without a Joystick ;)
Soft-15kHz, cabMAME, For Amusement Only e.V.