Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Toshiba tube/chassis wobble  (Read 946 times)

Lowballs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2020, 05:35:50 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Toshiba tube/chassis wobble
« on: February 06, 2020, 05:39:22 pm »
Hey people,

Toshiba Chassis = PB9929
Tube = Toshiba a68ltf356x Tri-Sync

I have recently installed the above chassis and tube in an Egret 3. It is juddering an awful lot. I feel like it's missing an earth but I have no idea where.

To provide some context, I have an arcade PCB to test with and that works perfectly. However when running using a PC (ATI 5450/DVI to VGA to chassis or via JPac) it judders like crazy.

The Toshiba tube provides a "No Signal" output also which judders a little bit when nothing is being fed to it, but again the arcade board is fine. Does the PC need to be grounded somehow or the VGA cable from the PC?

Any ideas would be super helpful!

Below is how it looks, just booting from a USB linux distro (have tried Windows 7 too):

The Arcade board running fine:

Cheers.

MKFan4Life

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 24, 2023, 08:18:00 am
  • My arcade machines...
Re: Toshiba tube/chassis wobble
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 02:12:36 am »
Good chance a capacitor or two are failing. Might just need a cap kit. Before doing that, try rotating your vertical size pot all the way clockwise, then counter-clockwise several times to kind of "clean" the carbon contact area of the pot. Sometimes the contact area gets iffy from staying in one spot too long, and the resistance will jump up and down a bit. Try the same with your vertical position pot, but appears it's expanding and contracting in the vid (on my cell screen anyway). If there's a cracked solder joint on one of those pots, it could cause a similar issue.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 02:17:41 am by MKFan4Life »