Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Issue with CRT_Emudriver , GM and an RGB Modded FV-300  (Read 1237 times)

nipsmg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:13:32 am
  • ROONEY!! ERRGH!!
    • Arcadia
Issue with CRT_Emudriver , GM and an RGB Modded FV-300
« on: January 25, 2020, 12:54:34 pm »
Hey guys  -- hopefuly someone with CRT_EMUDRIVER experience can help me out here..  I have a FV-300 that I RGB Modded.  I had it hooked up to a PC with an AMD Radeon R7 240 using CRT_Emudriver and groovymame.    Here's what the results looked like:

Since then, that computer was moved into an arcade cabinet and the settings were changed to drive a Wells Gardner K7000 arcade monitor.  I'm selling the TV now, and brought it upstairs and hooked it up to the same PC, and I'm getting the following image:

I've tried resetting all of the CRT_Emudriver settings to NTSC, etc and it's not working.   As a sidenote, I hooked up the signal from the computer to a VGA -> Component transcoder and pumped it in through the component input on the TV, and the image is perfect:

I've checked all of the wiring on the mod, and everything looks good, continuity on connections is good, and as far as i can tell the sync connection is perfectly fine.  Could this be a CRT_Emudriver issue? and, if so, any suggestions on how to resolve it?

Arroyo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:11:00 am
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
Re: Issue with CRT_Emudriver , GM and an RGB Modded FV-300
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 08:18:05 am »
I've checked all of the wiring on the mod, and everything looks good, continuity on connections is good, and as far as i can tell the sync connection is perfectly fine.  Could this be a CRT_Emudriver issue? and, if so, any suggestions on how to resolve it?

If was a CRT_emu driver issue wouldn’t you have a problem on the component connection as well?

That doesn’t look like a sync image problem (hard to tell with still images).  That looks more like interference in your signal. 
Have you measured the values of the components on your mod to make sure that nothing failed?   Any wires making contact with an area they shouldn’t be?