Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Vision Pro 19” LCD with ArcadeSD Issues  (Read 1016 times)

SSGWJL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2019, 02:37:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Vision Pro 19” LCD with ArcadeSD Issues
« on: December 01, 2019, 11:26:51 am »
I bought this arcade LCD to replace current Dell (1280x1024) as it is a 4:3 monitor. I’m having a couple of issues.

1. When powering on through ArcadeSD VGA out, the picture is oriented to the top right of the monitor. I can fix this via horizontal and vertical positioning, but when powering the cabinet off/on it is positioned top right again even though the positioning parameters remain unchanged. In order to fix, i have to re-set vertical/horizontal positioning back to 50/50, hit recall function on monitor an then re-position. Resolution is 640x480.
2. Black bars are very pronounced for all games (top/bottom) and (side/side). My guess is that the original resolution (i.e. Galaga at 224x288)is upscaled X2? The degree of black areas seem to make sense given the original resolution of each game (Mr. Do greater black border versus Galaga/Ms Pacman) if upscaling X2 is indeed what is happening.

I know original arcade resolutions vary wildly by game, but didn’t they mostly use 4:3 monitors? Am I seeing what should be expected?
Does anyone know how to remedy issue #1? Otherwise the monitor will be unusable.

Thanks so much for your help,
Scott

SSGWJL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2019, 02:37:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Vision Pro 19” LCD with ArcadeSD Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 02:37:42 pm »
Hmmm... I disconnected the VGA from Vision Pro and re-connected... and now it seems to be working as expected. :dunno