Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Community discussion group for home built coin pushers  (Read 4904 times)

randythawkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 23, 2019, 03:18:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Community discussion group for home built coin pushers
« on: October 23, 2019, 03:06:21 pm »
Hi.  My name is Randy Hawkins.  I recently started building my own coin pusher machine.  Before I started planning my project I spent a lot of time searching the internet for supply sources, similar builds, and groups who share the interest.

Although I was able to find some suppliers for components, I was surprised to find very little in other builds – an occasional blog entry or brief YouTube video – and even less in any focused community discussion group.  The closest I was able to find for a discussion group was an occasional mention of coin pusher build in an arcade forum like this. 

Later as I started the design of my pusher I was troubled by the lack of a community dedicated to such builds.  So much so that I decided to create one - DIY Coin Pusher Builds is a Facebook group dedicated to the sharing and discussion of coin pusher builds.  Currently there is only a handful of members and I am trying to promote and grow the group.  It is open to pretty much any type of build from a LEGO penny pusher to a full-size cabinet.

In no way is this an attempt to take away from this forum but, rather, provide a community which I found to be lacking.  If there are such discussions groups already in existence, I would appreciate links and such so that I may get involved there also.

So, if anyone has done a coin pusher build, planning on doing one, or has a serious interest I invite you to join the group.  DIY Coin Pusher Builds can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2458682404228435/.

Thanks,
Randy