Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Getting Ultimarc Spintrak and U-trak to work on Raspberry Pi 4 w/ Lakka  (Read 3848 times)

lukabrazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 06, 2020, 06:05:48 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I just built a rough draft of a bartop arcade. I planned it out on paper as best I could and then built it into a box with some scrap wood. I am new to all of this and wanted to make sure that I had the correct buttons and layout. I gathered so much information from this forum. I purchased a Raspberry Pi 4, Mini-pac, Spintrak, U-trak, Servostik, and Gold Leaf buttons. The wiring all went well and everything works except the U-trak Y axis is reversed when I test it with the Ipac software and I only know how to make the Servostik switch between 4 way and 8 way with the Ultimarc test software. I read that there can be a problem with the Spintrak wiring harness and I need to open the end of the harness and switch a couple of wires to fix the issue with the Y axis. I am hoping that I will be able to control the Servostik once I am using Retropie. Worst case scenario I wire it to a 4 way/8 way toggle switch but I don't want to jump the gun on this. I found a post by Mahuti with some great info about using RGBCommander to make this work but this is all a little over my head until I can actually get on the software and tinker with it. My long-term plan is to use Retropie but until that is officially supported I am using Lakka. I tested it with some NES roms like Battletoads and Dr. Mario and it is working great. While I'm waiting for Retropie to be released for the Raspberry Pi 4 my question is how do I get the U-Trak and Spintrak to work with Lakka? I tried to get the Spintrak to work with Arkanoid last night but was stumped. Thank you for any help!