Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Donkey Kong Instruction Sticker Vector Rework  (Read 3248 times)

1-UP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2020, 06:53:22 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Donkey Kong Instruction Sticker Vector Rework
« on: September 22, 2019, 04:05:10 pm »
Hi all,

I've recently been doing a lot of vector work, mostly to prep some Nintendo Popeye prints. Strangely, it seems to be the cabinet with the best quality, most comprehensive artwork available online. I pretty much found everything eventually at a workable quality. Anyway, I also started doing a bit of work on what I could find for Donkey Kong and a little Fix-It-Felix.

At the moment Im trying to get the Donkey Kong instruction bezel sticker looking half decent. For those who are interested, I used the font Alte Haas Grotesk to redo the text. It matches almost exactly.

Please could you let me know what you think and if anything looks wrong i.e colours and also if I'm wasting my time this this and theres someone with decent artwork out there!

I hope this is useful to someone, its not finished but probably more usable than the bad scans available online. This isn't full res, ive had to scale it right down to post...

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
Re: Donkey Kong Instruction Sticker Vector Rework
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 10:02:15 pm »
It's looking good, friend. I don't have anything to compare, but it looks good to someone who isn't doing a 1:1 compare.

Printing often hides the small defects anyway, so a small imperfection or two is always ok.   :cheers:

If you were planning on sharing the vector file, you can put it in a zip folder and attach the zip to your post.

1-UP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2020, 06:53:22 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Donkey Kong Instruction Sticker Vector Rework
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 04:17:41 pm »
Thank you. I was wondering how it would be done as yes I would like to post some stuff when done. Its so hard to find decent artwork online. I guess people with the real machines have no need to be removing panels and scanning the art  :cry:

I agree, the sticker is so small it probably wont matter that much.

It's wierd that a lot of vector files seem to be completely re-drawn with differences from the originals. It's like 'spot-the-difference' compairing them to photos of the original artwork. I have CP vector art where Popeye leg is under his body but on the original its over lol. It would give an asprin a headache