Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: U360 bad for 4-way?  (Read 1119 times)

mimic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 02:58:45 pm
U360 bad for 4-way?
« on: September 03, 2019, 08:18:01 pm »
Was trying to play Pengo with the U360 with top restrictor in 4-way mode and it was impossible to play! Every time I tried to go left and push block below me down I would skip the block and go down then I had to switch to right and then tried down, just to skip the block again and end up one too far. That happened to me maybe 4 times in a row each time! My hand hurts from pulling down hard trying to get it to move down at the right moment. I had the same problem with Nibbler when I couldn't get the turns right.
Users of U360 do you have a good method to properly play 4-way with U360? I figured top restrictor would be a good solution but it doesn't work for me very well.

MydknyteStyrm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
Re: U360 bad for 4-way?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 08:22:42 pm »
For all of my 4 way games I use a custom 4-way map that demands hard direction instead of safety. I only use the 8 way restriction octagon.

My map looks like this
        ^
        ^
        ^
<<<   >>>
        ¥
        ¥
        ¥

All the empty spaces are Blanks or X. I forget what the symbols were.

The generic 4 way map that came with Ultramal wasn’t directional enough and compensated any diagonal movement.

What map is your U360 set to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mimic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 02:58:45 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 09:10:30 pm »
I don't use any maps. I was hoping to rely on the restrictors. I have 2 U360 each with different revision board and they don't like the mapping program and one is showing as x-out and cannot be programmed.

I don't have much luck with Ultimarc hardware U360 don't work right. IPAc 4 doesn't work right, can't reset it.

MydknyteStyrm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 09:13:12 pm »
You should contact Andy @ Ultimarc. He is incredibly helpful with his products.

As far as not using maps, that’s basically the whole reason you would shell out 40 bucks for the u360. So you’re able to run numerous control styles. My 4p control panel can run 2,4,8,64 and analog controls all with the switch of a map via Rocketlauncher.

If you’re just using restrictors you’d be better off with a Happ or Sanwa 4-8 joystick. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro