Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RetroPi / MAME4ALL wont display in full screen  (Read 3191 times)

mike boss

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
RetroPi / MAME4ALL wont display in full screen
« on: September 02, 2019, 11:05:50 am »
Previously I had an awesome pre made PI image in my Punch-Out bartop. But it wouldn't save my MAME config and I was never able to solve the problem.
My control configuration would be lost after every restart, or even simply be exiting the game.
It was a real pain in the --I'm attempting to get by the auto-censor and should be beaten after I re-read the rules--!

I was very happy with the amount of games the build had to offer. It was full of classics and a great looking build, everything was super clean and scraped for all the extra info.
So I was able to move all the ROMS off on onto my PC. I decided I would start from scratch to do another PI image.

I downloaded the most recent PI image, 4.5.1.

I watched a few videos online from ETA Prime and MLP to help with some of my configuration issues. I also made sure to create a "default.cfg" file for MAME.
I was told this could have been the major reason I had issues with MAME and it not saving my controller configuration.

I set the option for ALL LIBRETO emulators to display in widescreen with scanlines. But in MAME (MAME4ALL) it seems hit and miss, some games display in widescreen, some don't.

Any ideas what I can do ? I'm ok with the stretched image and I want to fill my screen. Everything seems fine with the exception of MAME.
Even with MAME, if I go in and change the settings to match that of the other emulators I get no shaders and scanlines. I can live without the scanlines, but I really want all games to appear in widescreen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT - I should add, some games will display in full screen. So for example I just played Final Fight which was fine, but Bad Dudes would not fill the screen (all played in the same emulator).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:29:21 am by mike boss »

mike boss

• Offline Offline
Re: RetroPi / MAME4ALL wont display in full screen
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 04:40:33 pm »
My issue still remains !

I'm unsure if a setting got messed up somewhere/somehow........but since it was so easy I've started doing a 2nd SD card.

I've got everything moved over, just need to move my MAME files to the correct folder and give it a go.

It actually got me wondering, if my prior issues were caused because I never made my MAME changes thru the RETROARCH menu ? (issue = controller settings would not save)

None the less I won't sweat that now, however if my current MAME issue persists (not displaying in full screen) I'll attempt to make the changes thru the RETROARCH menu.

Perhaps that could be the issue. I'll post my findings/results here.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 04:44:15 pm by mike boss »

mike boss

• Offline Offline
Re: RetroPi / MAME4ALL wont display in full screen
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 12:48:49 pm »
I have not had an opportunity to revisit my PI project ....yet.
However I will, and I will post any findings here.
If anyone has any tips, tricks, advice please by all means share.
Thank you

Also, my apologies with respect to my initial post should I have put something in the post  that I shouldn't have. It was not intentional.

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 12:51:42 pm by mike boss »