Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Crowne MMCD-1 preamp out?  (Read 2290 times)

Agent14

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2019, 12:59:37 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Crowne MMCD-1 preamp out?
« on: August 29, 2019, 01:26:37 pm »
Hey new to the forum so hope this is right place!  Found you guys through extensive research online and many searches brought me to another smart person's post here.   :applaud:

I think this box is the same as the AMI Rowe? 

So, my project and question:  Im revamping the sound system for a local restaurant since the sound is inconsistent and not covering well.  Theyre using a Crowne MMCD-1.  They would like to maintain the ability to turn adjust the volume with the remote.  I IMMEDIATELY saw a problem.  They have 5 speakers hooked up directly from the internal amp. :banghead:

I would like to bypass the now tired internal amp and get a preamp out to an external system.  Any way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Crowne MMCD-1 preamp out?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 09:19:41 pm »
Pictures of the machine in question and of the amplifier in it.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:01:05 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Crowne MMCD-1 preamp out?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 06:45:31 pm »
the rowe mmcd-1 has a bog standard 61024902 250watt amp in it. if your off brand juke has the same amp, you can just unplug the RCA cable out of the amp and feed them into...well...anything. it's a regular old line out you can run into a home stereo amp or whatever.

if it's something different, you are going to have to post some pics to see how that've hacked it together.