Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MONITOR BLOWING FUSES HELP!!  (Read 1354 times)

filip78f

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2019, 01:21:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
MONITOR BLOWING FUSES HELP!!
« on: August 25, 2019, 06:24:26 pm »
I have a 1980 midway pacman with a G07-CBO Electrohome monitor. The monitor wasnt working so I did a full cap kit, flyback, HOT, and regulator replacement. I also replaced the fuses. After I plugged everything in my 2amp slow blow fuse on the cabinet blew and all the power went out on the cabinet. I disconnected the monitor and replaced the fuses and the lights came back on. I rechecked all my soldering work and everything was fine. None of the caps were grounded bad and the HOT was in the correct position. Im not sure what else to do to get my machine running! PLEASE HELP!!!

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:04:23 pm
Re: MONITOR BLOWING FUSES HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 04:20:39 am »
fuse 902 on the chassis which is on the primary ac circuit is rated at 3 amp, the cabinet fuse being rated at 2 amp seems a bit low to me

although i just looked at the schems and seems to state mains fuse at 2a, just seems strange to me

in any case blown fuse you should check diodes in the primary ac circuit of the chassis if it indeed the chassis causing the fuse to blow
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 04:54:03 am by grantspain »

behrmr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2021, 09:17:13 am
MONITOR BLOWING FUSES HELP!!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 09:32:33 pm »
Remember F902 is 3A fast

Cabinet is 2A slo

« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:39:22 pm by behrmr »