Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Noob with an Effinet EFG-1701M/F crt with cables  (Read 1858 times)

Iflippedthecanoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2020, 10:47:23 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Noob with an Effinet EFG-1701M/F crt with cables
« on: August 24, 2019, 01:43:54 pm »
Hi I am new to crt arcade monitors. I am planning to build a custom arcade cabinet running MAME on a crt monitor. However, I dont know where to begin with using the cables that came with the monitor. I plan to connect the monitor to vga out in an old desktop pc, but I dont know what else I'd need to do so.
Hopefully someone can explain each of the wires and connectors. Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 01:52:59 pm by Iflippedthecanoe »

cyb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2023, 04:25:20 pm
Re: Noob with an Effinet EFG-1701M/F crt with cables
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 06:42:46 pm »
necro bumping because I just acquired one of these monitors and I didn't realize it didn't have a "Standard" power cable. I found a schematic and it definitely uses a smps that doesn't need an iso transformer so I'm thinking about just hacking an IEC power cable into that harness, but if there's a cleaner way to do it I'd like to!