Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultimate I/O Board Sparking/Short-Circuiting  (Read 729 times)

Dallinj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2021, 09:50:26 pm
  • Boise, ID
Ultimate I/O Board Sparking/Short-Circuiting
« on: June 15, 2019, 12:09:46 am »
I’ve been trying to test my new I-PAC Ultimate I/O board and IL-Lumination RGB LEDs but I’ve run into a major issue. Using the supplied wiring/harness kit all sticks and buttons work perfectly when hooked up, so I decided to wire up one buttons RGBs to test LedBlinky, and plug in the led power cable which caused the board to disconnect and no longer be identified. I unplugged the USB cable while leaving the power attached and waited a minute before plugging it back in. Upon contacting the plug, some sparks flew out and I decided that wasn’t a good idea to try again. I unplugged the power cord, plugged the usb in and everything worked properly again. Any reason I can’t have both cords plugged in at the same time?

Edit: It seems the issue was related to the molex power connector that came with the board, as switching to a 5V DC Adapter with an identical barrel plug fixed the problem and everything seems to be working now
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 06:43:50 pm by Dallinj »