Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 3DArcade  (Read 1675 times)

Gilrock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 05:15:46 pm
3DArcade
« on: June 11, 2019, 11:02:00 am »
Does anyone still use 3DArcade?  I stumbled on it middle of last year when I was upgrading things on my MAME cab.  I actually have it fully up and running on Windows 10.  The only issue was I'm stuck using an older version of the NVidia driver because at some point the driver broke Shockwave programs and I'm sure that will never get fixed.  I started with one of the arcade and started swapping out some of the games for my favorites but I never finished.  Its just hard to have the time to do all the configuration work and make sure everything works.  I have it interfaced through RockerLauncher to launch the games.  Here's a 2.5 minute video I made last year...what you will see is first I walk around the arcade and glance at some of the games.  The way its setup if you pause looking at a game it will start to play the video for that game on the game screen.  So I stop and let some of the games play their preview.  Then later in the video I stop at a couple cabs and hit enter to launch and play the game and then exit and walk over to another game.  It's cool eye candy to show a guest.

Arroyo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:11:00 am
  • Budgets are boring
    • newforum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,156267.0.html
Re: 3DArcade
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 01:54:02 pm »
I came across this awhile ago as well, thought it was strictly for VR headsets.  Good to know that you can run it without.  I wonder how the interface works with joysticks?  I would assume it would be best to have analog controls to walk/look around.  Pretty cool though.  Sounds like it's a lot of work to setup?

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 07:38:05 pm »
Like anything new it took 2-3 days to get some things sorted out but it was probably slower for me because I was trying to make each game look good on my machine which was involving editing bezels for my 1024x1024 screen and making sure I had the marquee images.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:09:56 am
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 08:22:21 pm »
I thought it was cool when I first saw it, but I just don’t think it would be much fun once you get to the point were you just want to start playing games and not waste time with the front end. Kind of like fancy startup videos.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Gilrock

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 08:34:56 pm »
I thought it was cool when I first saw it, but I just don’t think it would be much fun once you get to the point were you just want to start playing games and not waste time with the front end. Kind of like fancy startup videos.

That's true.  I hadn't touched it in months just remembered I had the video.  I'm actually kinda spoiled since I went to ZapCon and built my Robotron cab.  I don't really like playing my MAME cab anymore.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 06:05:57 pm »
I think it's super cool. Watching makes me want to play games. I might check this out.