Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Light a single RGB light using IPAC2  (Read 1292 times)

Zeosstud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 03:12:48 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Light a single RGB light using IPAC2
« on: May 29, 2019, 10:41:29 pm »
Ever get so excited when ordering something you do not actually read ALL of the rather clear instructions on what is needed to make it work 100%? I do..
Ordered the RGB light used to illuminate my UTrak a few weeks ago, cause I built a cabinet for a buddy who also got a UTrak with a red ball and it looked so cool lit up in his pedestal, new I had to one up him and get one that could do all the colors. Long story short I did not get the pac64led needed to control the thing properly.
Now I gotta wait until I work some OT and get paid to order it.
Got to looking at my IPAC2 and its connections, mine is pretty full, got the UTrak and SpinTrak both connected, which leaves the expansion connections free, got out my multimeter and found out a few of the unused pins put out 4.8 volts on my cheap meter anyway, I plugged in the cable from the RGB lights and connected the ground and holy crap, light turned green!! So now I can have a red, blue or green trackball in my pedestal while I wait for the good stuff.. :-) 
Wanted to share with the community, it is such an easy and clean install, maybe it will help someone else out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk