Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Button Layout for the 1up 12 in 1.  (Read 2686 times)

testfly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2022, 07:11:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Button Layout for the 1up 12 in 1.
« on: January 27, 2019, 01:41:29 am »
I am new to Arcade building but did drop many rolls of quarters back in the 80's. So I now have a few 1up cabs.
Of the 3 two of them now have been upgraded to 60 in 1 cards.
I created a circuit that allows the use of the stock POWER switch so I can turn on the system using the stock ON OFF switch.
I also used the stock volume switch and connected it between the positive speaker wire so when the volume switch is moved to full right the speaker
is connected and when the volume switch is moved to the center or far left the sound is muted.

I own a CNC machine and CAD software so if I can draw it I can cut it.
My issue is with the stock control boards on the 1ups.

The 12 in 1 has a track ball and I find the button layout not enjoyable to play.

So I am looking for 2 things.

#1 Is there a button layout for the 1up 12 in 1 machine that is a better layout then the stock layout?

#2 Is there a good layout that works with the track ball, joystick and buttons for a 60 in 1 that can be used in the 1up cab?

I could just start cutting control panels with different button layouts. But, I don't really care to waste my time or materials trying to find
a layout that works.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Drnick

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2023, 01:19:48 pm
  • Plodding Through Life
Re: Button Layout for the 1up 12 in 1.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 12:50:04 pm »
I Recommend you get some cardboard and start testing various button layouts.  What is right for one is not right for another.  See slagcoin for various layouts for buttons.  (although that is probably already redundant information, didn't see this was a 3 week old thread already, Guess it's the road less travelled down here).