Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Powering on monitor and laptop  (Read 925 times)

gilljaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2019, 12:05:22 pm
Powering on monitor and laptop
« on: December 30, 2018, 10:26:31 pm »
Hello everyone,
ive run into a problem. My cabinet is powered by a laptop that has a broken screen. This laptop connected to a pc monitor which is behind artwork and plexiglass. The problem is i cant have the monitor on standby and the laptop on hibernate as i dont have many main power plugs and will need to swap the plugs to use other appliances. Im wondering if there is there any way to turn on the monitor and laptop without having to press the power switch on?

Thanks

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
Re: Powering on monitor and laptop
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 01:17:48 am »

Unplugging the PSU  or letting the power supply die is difficult unless you hard wire the power switch.  What laptop is it?

I don't understand why you are swapping plugs, considering the situation you have with the broken screen.   :dunno

If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

TOMMYGUN

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2021, 04:44:53 am
  • When the time comes you will know
Re: Powering on monitor and laptop
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 07:22:02 am »
Hybernate has nothing to do with power, it just saves to the harddisk, and resumes, you need to open your laptop and hardwire your power switch to a momentary pushbutton, same with the screen, each their own button, its quite some work but that is the fun of building  :cheers: