Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ArcadeVGA with RetroArch CRT Switchres?  (Read 1268 times)

PlayingKarrde

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2021, 05:07:47 pm
ArcadeVGA with RetroArch CRT Switchres?
« on: December 29, 2018, 09:38:08 pm »
Hi all, I'm trying to get my setup working with an ArcadeVGA (not sure exactly on the model but I believe it's a 3000) and running RetroArch and the CRT SwitchRes feature (on Windows 10). Setting RA to 15khz and native res will successfully switch the default menu to 320x240 but loading any game will set the res back to 800x600 (and for some reason the image is squashed). I believe the reason for this is that the graphics card doesn't have the correct modeline installed. I have installed the switchres program and that works fine but I'm guessing the modelines that RA is looking for are different.

Since I am not able (to my knowlendge) use CRT Emudriver, I don't know how I can correctly install the modelines that RA recommends for this feature. Alternatively, I also don't know if it's possible to install Super Resolutions (I had a bit more success with this than Native when installing on a crt emudriver machine previously).

Has anyone had success with an ArcadeVGA and RetroArch? I'd love to be able to play in native resolution and tbh I'd really prefer to use RA over Groovymame.