Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Why Terminator is ridiculous  (Read 2540 times)

opt2not

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
Re: Why Terminator is ridiculous
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2018, 11:07:42 pm »
Anyone who doesnít see the parallels between T1/2 and Alien/Aliens is either half-blind, or a moron. Probably both.  ::)

Thanks for calling me a moron you piece of garbage.  See?  It's not nice to call people names.  I thought you were going to try harder.... obviously that was a lie. 

Excuse me, but was I directly quoting you, Howard? No, I was making a general statement.
Sorry if you think the world revolves around you, but hey thatís what narcissist do I guess.

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2018, 11:44:40 pm »
Listen to me you piece of garbage.  You literally called me out so don't start any passive aggressive ---That which is odiferous and causeth plants to grow--- with me.  SHUT UP DO NOT RESPONDE GET THE ---fudgesicle--- OFF OF THIS FORUM YOU PIECE OF HUMAN GARBAGE

MODS PIECE BAN THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE BEFORE I REALLY GET PISSED

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2018, 12:06:28 am »
Yep, thought so.

Osirus23

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2018, 12:12:42 am »
Guys, chill.

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2018, 12:15:40 am »
You wouldn't like him when he's angry. He takes his ball, goes home, and asks the mods for a couple weeks to backup his data... :laugh2:
%Bartop

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2018, 12:20:55 am »
If you get him REALLY angry, he uses the ignore function on you... Watch out for that one!
%Bartop

opt2not

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2018, 12:40:43 am »
Guys, chill.
Oh I'm chill, and very composed right now, unlike my good friend here.

I just find it interesting that he always sees red when someone disagrees with him. But the kicker this time is, he got bull-triggered by my general statement about the parallels between the aforementioned series', yet he was talking about the quality comparison between sequels.  I wasn't even talking about quality, or which was the better film. I like both series' first two movies, they're fine films, classics even.

@Howard, you seem to be making a habit lately of telling people on this forum to STFU. It's not a good look, man, and it does violate the forum's policies.
If anyone here should be banned, temporarily of course, it should be you. I wouldn't want to see you go permanently, because like I've said in the past, you do bring some value here. It's just unfortunate that all your good advice posts gets overshadowed by the vitriol of your opinion pieces.  It's like Jekyl and Hyde sometimes.
Maybe you're going through more life issues, so I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt, but taking out on us perhaps warrants another break from BYOAC. Sort your head out, and all that. I wouldn't want to hear that you've done something crazy in a fit of rage due to other people's opinions.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2018, 05:13:44 pm »
Opt2not's comment seemed general to me.

Howard is a smart, sensitive boy who grew up in the South and couldn't leave it. He speaks his mind, because he hasn't always. This kind of person tends to pick a place and people as theirs, and he picked here.

As a height challenged guy who lifts weights I Can't ever forget Franco.

The strongest per-unit-measure folks I know of are heavy manual laborers, in particular brick and tile layers. A friend of mine told me of his brother, who has lain tile for decades and is about 5' 8'' and 130 pounds, lifting the back end of a car for someone to put blocks under.

This topic was about plausibility, but most folks took it elsewhere......
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 06:20:03 pm by Mr. Peabody »

pixel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2018, 11:31:34 pm »

Howard is a smart, sensitive boy who grew up in the South and couldn't leave it. He speaks his mind, because he hasn't always. This kind of person tends to pick a place and people as theirs, and he picked here.

You really should not try to place your own assumptions on a person.   He could be one of the most wanted serial killers.

What is clear, however, is real life evidence of behaviors.  The NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disordered)... are extremely Egocentric.
They have massive, but soap-bubble fragile Egos.   They are in fact, all about External Looks... (hence harsh comments about dated looks)

They can not handle the appearance of being "Wrong".  or  "Inferior"

They can not handle even the mildest of Criticism's.  They take such things as serious as a Knife Attack... and they resort to the most
extreme measures,  when their Egos are Bruised.   They never forget, and they never forgive.  They will stalk a person for decades or more...
and may try viciously, to attack said person in many different ways... such as "Keying" a car... to trying to get someone fired from their jobs.
They will often get one of their brainwashed lackies,  to do the attacks for them (Flying Monkey Army).

They can not stand not being in control,  and or not knowing what is going to happen... and so they often manipulate their way into
positions of power and controls..  such as being a "Mod",  manager,  authority figure, politician..etc.   This allows them even greater power
to stalk, attack others, get away with being suspected for criminal activities / wrong doing,  and to be able to Silence said
opposing / criticizing  voices.

There are many levels of NPD.. ranging from mildly harmless, yet annoying...  to seriously dangerous, on a Psychopathic Spectrum.

The NPDer is not really all that Empathetic / Compassionate to others.  Typically they Fake empathy... as they do not tend to
feel it, for anyone except themselves  (when they are not Hating on themselves, yet putting up a front of superiority).

The NPDer is similar to a split personality.  On the inside, they are like a stunted child.  Weak, Frail, Jealous, Needy, Greedy, Selfish, etc.
They develop a False 2nd persona... as the  "Protector".   This protector. is to be everything that they are not.  Calm, cool, popular,
confident, fashionable...etc.   Unlike real Multiple Personality Disorder... the Narcissists is always aware of their House of Cards / lies.
When anything threatens to blow over their Heroic Image / House of cards... they tend to go into a  "Narcissistic Rage".   Something
you would expect to see a  Child doing.. but in an adult body.

An example of this, was recently revealed in "Comics Gate"... as comic creator  Mark Waid,  was said to have gone into
several such tantrums at his place of work... Screaming and Crying in Anger,  flailing around on the floor like a fish out of water.

As much as many good people tend to want to paint other people around them as being the same good souls... and
wanting to give the "Benefit of the Doubt"...  I can tell you,  that those with NPD are the opposite.  They see everyone around
them as a Reflection of worst qualities... within themselves,  and beyond.  They also see "Nice" people as "Weak and Pathetic",
and they tend to Prey on such people... to satisfy their every Dark nature... from use to abuse.  They are true Vampires.

Also know that NPDers value most, Attention (Supply). Many of them do not even care if its Negative Attention...
so long as the spotlight / drama involves them. 

People with NPD have a long list of well know Manipulation and Abuse methods.  Such as the mighty "Guilt Trip".
Search Video channels on  "Narcissistic Abuse".  Read the comments sections too.  It will shock you to your core.

The strongest per-unit-measure folks I know of are heavy manual laborers, in particular brick and tile layers. A friend of mine told me of his brother, who has lain tile for decades and is about 5' 8'' and 130 pounds, lifting the back end of a car for someone to put blocks under.

This is because typical weight lifters tend to use a lot of Momentum cheats to get their results.  And... many of the exercises
are not in the same full range as those in the real-world.

Also... when you are moving heavy things all day long... one tends to be more relaxed about it... rather than being super-tense.
This is one of the secrets of arts like Tai Chi.  By doing long slow motion forms with ones arms out extended... it eventually starts
to make ones arms feel very heavy and fatigued.. and over time... it starts to really stress the Internal Joints, Tendons, and other
connective tissues.  (Rather than just the muscles)   Eventually. the Tai Chi practitioner is able to unify their entire body-mass
as a single unit.  So.. while it may look like a simple hand movement.. it hits like a 180 lb sledgehammer.

An easy example I give skeptical people to try:  Slow motion pushups.   Take at least 20 seconds to go in each direct.
To make this even more challenging... place both fists together, and place them in the center of your chest... and then
do them  (always keeping the center of the chest, directly over the fists)   

If you can do 15 slow motion (about 20 sec down, 20 sec up minimum), center-chest, knuckle pushups... in a continuous
(no stops / breaks) row... then I would be surprised.   Its a whole other level of Challenge + Results.

Another example similar to the Tai Chi results.. would be the old Book Punishment... where the old teachers would have
the student hold their hands outstreched to the sides of their bodies.  The teacher would place a book or two on each
hand... and the student was to keep their arms level... for the duration of the punishment.   Muscles only go so far
with this... eventually it comes down the internal strength.

I used to do a similar drill at my friends gym.  Id grab a bar weight,  or a few hand weights... and hold them perfectly
level in front of my chest... arms at full extension...  until my body basically gave out,  and the weights won.  Then
Id do another set(s) a few minutes later.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2018, 01:30:45 am »
An easy example I give skeptical people to try:  Slow motion pushups.   Take at least 20 seconds to go in each direct.
To make this even more challenging... place both fists together, and place them in the center of your chest... and then
do them  (always keeping the center of the chest, directly over the fists)   

If you can do 15 slow motion (about 20 sec down, 20 sec up minimum), center-chest, knuckle pushups... in a continuous
(no stops / breaks) row... then I would be surprised.   Its a whole other level of Challenge + Results.

Another example similar to the Tai Chi results.. would be the old Book Punishment... where the old teachers would have
the student hold their hands outstreched to the sides of their bodies.  The teacher would place a book or two on each
hand... and the student was to keep their arms level... for the duration of the punishment.   Muscles only go so far
with this... eventually it comes down the internal strength.

I used to do a similar drill at my friends gym.  Id grab a bar weight,  or a few hand weights... and hold them perfectly
level in front of my chest... arms at full extension...  until my body basically gave out,  and the weights won.  Then
Id do another set(s) a few minutes later.

I used to do a lot of gym & fitness work myself, and am familiar with the push-ups as you described.

I used to warm up with 2x25 sets of normal pushups and 2x25 close-arm ones, in addition to some other stretching and core stuff like 200 crunches and skipping (until my foot arches developed problems for unrelated reasons).

I say "used to" because I'm getting older and I've recently had a series of minor injuries that cascade and knock your fitness about. Thus part of why I've been doing more arcade stuff lately. But swimming is really my thing, the king of exercises, and no lap pools around here, so building my own and teaching maybe swimming/fitness is coming soon (I'm a qualified teacher).

While I am a big advocate of doing exercises slowly and avoiding using momentum, you need to be careful with exercises like the ones where you hold weights out from your body for long periods. Once your muscles get tired you start to put excess strain on your tendons, ligments and joints which tend to respond negatively in that order. It is hard to maintain good form as your muscles tire, even though you can probably still hold the weight. In particular I suggest that you don't lock any joints (eg elbows, shoulders, wrists) and don't do it to exhaustion (quit well before that) otherwise you are just setting yourself up for problems as you get older.
Check out my completed projects!

schmerzkaufen

• Offline Offline
  • I want a large cream coffee
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2018, 06:27:56 am »
They can not handle even the mildest of Criticism's. They take such things as serious as a Knife Attack... and they resort to the most extreme measures, when their Egos are Bruised.
Is he a MAME dev?  :P

--

Anyway back on topic I've finally watched Genisys and, well, it screams fan service from start to finish. It even feels written by fans if you know what I mean.

It's no better or worse than T3, both are just average flicks, but Genisys has that unfortunate 'cocaine for the fans' smell that IMO makes it even more irreleant than the former within the franchise (of course part of T3 is fan service as well but its not trying nearly as hard)

GroovyMAME oddball LCD user: W7 64, viewsonic vx3211-mh, i5-4690k @4.1GHz, Rx 570, crt_emudriver 2.0b15

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2018, 09:28:42 am »
I wish blocking a user blocked when they were  quoted too.

Can we at least agree that t2 pin is better than t3, but t3 has better dmd animations.
No matter one's station in life, the Dance of Death unites us all.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2018, 09:40:44 am »
T3, much like Alien 3, is a move best left forgotten for everyone's sakes.

Too much illogical ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---, bad acting and bad direction for all involved, especially the audience.

I feel the same way about Terminator as I do with the Alien series. T1 was more suspenseful, thriller, than T2. Just like Alien and Aliens. T2 had more action, one-liners, and pretty straightforward in story telling, just like Aliens had compared to Alien.

Both series had ---smurfy--- third entries, and with either series I only care about the first two movies. The rest are irrelevant.

I love the Alien franchise, so assumed you were wrong about Alien3.  Then I tried to remember what Alien 3 was about and couldn't so had to google it.  That reminded me of the premise, but I still don't remember a damn thing about the movie despite owning it and seeing it at least 2 times.
....so yes.  Forgettable.  Or at least denial on my part.

If anyone has an audible membership, Alien: Out of the Shadows is one of the free Audible originals this month.
https://www.audible.com/ep/audible-originals-member-benefit?ref=a_hp_c0_banner_img&pf_rd_p=3b919f17-406d-499f-822d-cc8bfdf91e7a&pf_rd_r=K1NDMY9WM5BTRC17ERAR& 
Shame I already bought it a long time ago.
I thought it was pretty friggin' awesome.  Haven't listened to the other two yet.  The X-Files originals are even better.

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2018, 12:06:22 pm »
I love the Alien franchise, so assumed you were wrong about Alien3.  Then I tried to remember what Alien 3 was about and couldn't so had to google it.  That reminded me of the premise, but I still don't remember a damn thing about the movie despite owning it and seeing it at least 2 times.
....so yes.  Forgettable.  Or at least denial on my part.

This pretty much exactly summarises my initial Alien3 experience - after watching it the first time I tried to blot it out of my memory, with a lot of success at first. But then I watched it again about 10 years later and didn't hate it as much, even liked some bits, but yes, was probably better left forgotten.

I enjoyed the characters in Alien Resurrection, that movie got me to better appreciate Peter Dinklage as an actor and made me look forward to another sequel with same characters (it never came).

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2018, 05:14:59 pm »
Indubitable evidence that pixel is X, re-birthed (or perhaps afterbirthed...). I offered an explanation, and he thinks I defended. As for exercise, I echo Zebidee. The older you get, the easier it is to get injured. Dietary intake has the greatest effect, and will allow a modicum of exercise to keep fit.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 05:16:40 pm by Mr. Peabody »

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2018, 08:34:37 pm »
Indubitable evidence that pixel is X, re-birthed (or perhaps afterbirthed...). I offered an explanation, and he thinks I defended. As for exercise, I echo Zebidee. The older you get, the easier it is to get injured. Dietary intake has the greatest effect, and will allow a modicum of exercise to keep fit.

He admitted itís a new identity.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Zebidee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2018, 09:15:08 pm »
As for exercise, I echo Zebidee. The older you get, the easier it is to get injured. Dietary intake has the greatest effect, and will allow a modicum of exercise to keep fit.

I never quite said that exactly ;) though you are right the balance goes to diet more as you age.

I know and work with people 20 years older than I am, that work hard and drink hard every day, and they show no sign of stopping soon. However, if these people ever stop, eg because of injury, then a whole bunch of problems will probably come crashing down quickly. They seem to know it too, and seem genuinely afraid of not being very active every day.

I enjoy my indulgences too much. Life is short so I don't want to waste it by not enjoying them. Modest exercise lets you get away with quite a bit. But yes,  swimming is a highly recommended low-impact (on joints etc) exercise that almost anyone can do from infancy well into old age. I enjoy both swimming and teaching swimming for all ages - it is exhausting work but hey, you get warm fuzzies and exercise along the way so it is almost like saving time.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2018, 10:29:02 pm »

He admitted itís a new identity.
The real question is "Who is Mr. Peabody?"

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I eat cookies yum yum!
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2018, 01:08:43 am »
I watched Terminator Salvation.  That movie is ridiculous.  Anton Yelchin is in it.  Depressed me a bit.
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

pbj

• Online Online
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2018, 11:05:35 am »
I watched Terminator Salvation.  That movie is ridiculous.  Anton Yelchin is in it.  Depressed me a bit.

Same here.  If you really want to get depressed, go drive one of the Jeeps that killed him.  Every time you have to press that stupid button to release the thing out of Park is a reminder.

Nobody cares about your hot takes on Arcade1Up cabinets.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2018, 03:24:44 pm »
Yelchin earned a Darwin award, looks like. (My daddy taught me to put on the emergency break.) I haven't seen him in other movies, so I don't know his quality as an actor.

@Zebidee: compulsion has no compunction for the vessel it directs.

@Yotsuya: oh. I missed it.

@Badmouth: come on, Sherman, into the Way Back Machine.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 03:35:42 pm by Mr. Peabody »

pbj

• Online Online
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2018, 04:22:47 pm »
Yelchin earned a Darwin award, looks like. (My daddy taught me to put on the emergency break.)

Eh, not really.  The setup was really dumb.  It's fun to be snarky, though.

Nobody cares about your hot takes on Arcade1Up cabinets.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2018, 10:12:44 pm »
No snark from me. Just bewilderment. He didn't use a critical piece of safety equipment, got whacked because of it, and his parents got money out of it. Life in America.

Yelchin was 27.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fytpA9nZX3w

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31