Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Chicago gaming to Pandora  (Read 1192 times)

Prelundejunkie91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 17, 2018, 07:20:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Chicago gaming to Pandora
« on: September 14, 2018, 02:29:43 pm »
Hi brand new to the forum and arcade cabinets. Just picked up a Chicago gaming ultimate arcade that was sitting in my buddies garage for a while. Weird thing that the buttons kind of stopped working but work in success if you push two at a time. Also picked up a pandoras box 4s and adapter. Wondering if this is just a plug and play situation or does more need to be done to run a Pandora system in this cabinet?

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re: Chicago gaming to Pandora
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 10:56:32 pm »
Probably has a broken ground loop or something.

Putting a Pandora in that is like lighting money on fire.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Prelundejunkie91

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 11:26:26 am »
Appreciate the reply, definitely going to change a few things around on this cabinet. Where would ground loops be located at?

villageidiot333

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 09:05:58 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 10:28:36 pm »
Appreciate the reply, definitely going to change a few things around on this cabinet. Where would ground loops be located at?

I use a Pandora's box on one of my builds. It's quite entertaining but don't expect perfection in some of the games. But for me it doesn't matter. I know a lot of builders on here want perfection and want perfectly running ROMs and others don't care and do it fun as I did.

The ground loops are the black wire that's attached to the buttons. There should be two wires. One colored wire going to the harness and the back one also going to harness but it's daisy chained to each button. So it's one button then goes to next button and so on. If one is loose or off button will stop working. Or could be a dead microswitch too.

Prelundejunkie91

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 07:20:47 pm »
Thanks for the reply, yea I dont expect this thing to be perfect but just to enjoy some older fighters with some friends so hopefully the fighters are actually working some what decently and I'll go ahead and replace the whole daisy chain along with switches when I order up some new buttons. Confused me when ground loop was mentioned, thought it was in a different area other than the button grounds. Hopefully it's just grounds though or a switch. Don't think they ever messed with the internals on this thing, buttons just malfunctioned and got left in the garage. Do the grounds just stop working from dirt or buildup over time in these things?