Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: NOOB - 2-player + DOT stick/spinner questions!  (Read 809 times)

brimys

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2018, 06:29:08 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
NOOB - 2-player + DOT stick/spinner questions!
« on: September 14, 2018, 10:13:19 am »
Hi folks -

Noobie first build of a MAME cabinet here! Have been doing a ton of reading, but wanted to do a sanity check on the plan before I bought/built!

Looking to make a 2-player setup, with an auxiliary trigger stick/high-low spinner for DIscs of Tron.

Was planning on using the Ultimarc Ultimate I/O as the board, to handle the following:
 - Joystick_1 (P1)
 - 6 LED buttons (P1)
 - Coin (P1) - using physical coin door mech
 - P1_Start (P1)

- Joystick_2 (P2)
 - 6 LED buttons (P2)
 - Coin (P2) - using physical coin door mech
 - P2_Start (P2)

- Mini-Grip Trigger Stick (P1_aux)
 --> Trigger_button (P1_aux)
 --> Thumb_button (P1_aux)

- Turbo_Twist_H/L (P1_aux) - I understand this has its own small board, so won’t be connected to the IPAC.

I’d love any help or thoughts on this, THANK YOU! A few questions:

- Is this the best IPAC board for this?

- When hooking in the aux. Trigger Stick, should I connect that to where P3 is on that board, or doesn’t it matter?

- Has anyone actually wired up the Trigger Stick? Can you share pics of your wiring? I’m not sure where/how to connect the Trigger and Thumb button wires… they can go anywhere? Three wires coming out of this - two hot and a ground - so do I need to daisy-chain then, or simply having the one ground wire is OK?

Thanks!