Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need a monitor for a Bitcade full cabinet  (Read 2716 times)

UnicornsOnLSD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 08, 2018, 11:18:57 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Need a monitor for a Bitcade full cabinet
« on: August 08, 2018, 10:37:12 am »
I'm looking at getting this kit: https://bitcade.co.uk/collections/arcade-cabinet-kits/products/bitcade-2-player-full-size-cabinet-kit and need a 27" monitor to fill the screen area and would like a 3:4 monitor to do this. The biggest monitor I can find is 19". Any recommendations?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:01:05 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Need a monitor for a Bitcade full cabinet
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 11:07:30 am »
a fist full of cash.

not many 4:3 LCD's exist anymore....let alone larger than 19 inches. by the time LCD hit that size, everyone made the move to widescreen.

lots of 16:9 monitors have a 4:3 option you can set in the settings to keep it from stretching video.

just buy a 27" wide 16:9 monitor with this feature that will fit and mask off the sides on the glass to retain the center.

otherwise, you are looking at having a custom one off panel made...and it ain't cheap. I think some dudes here where looking at having custom cut LCD digital marquees made (can't find the thread sorry  ??? ) and where looking at a huge pile of cash to have even a small handful made.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:56:05 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 12:20:26 pm »
a fist full of cash.

not many 4:3 LCD's exist anymore....let alone larger than 19 inches. by the time LCD hit that size, everyone made the move to widescreen.

lots of 16:9 monitors have a 4:3 option you can set in the settings to keep it from stretching video.

just buy a 27" wide 16:9 monitor with this feature that will fit and mask off the sides on the glass to retain the center.

otherwise, you are looking at having a custom one off panel made...and it ain't cheap. I think some dudes here where looking at having custom cut LCD digital marquees made (can't find the thread sorry  ??? ) and where looking at a huge pile of cash to have even a small handful made.

‘Member that one kid that came on here and said he was going to get 4:3 25” LCDs done for around 100 bucks?
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:39:09 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 12:28:29 pm »
That was 100 space bucks. They are only valid on Druidia.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:01:05 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 01:49:26 pm »
yeah, I think he probably got a quote for several thousands of dollars setup plus costs with a minimum 5000 quantity order.