Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: touchscreen add on mame games  (Read 2346 times)

tony.silveira

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:24:34 pm
    • my baby
touchscreen add on mame games
« on: July 15, 2018, 11:47:48 pm »
hi guys,

i have an aftermarket touchscreen panel over my monitor and tha darn thing used to work in mame for touchscreen games.

it still works on my system but in name i can’t get it to recognize the touch as a mouse press in the controls setup.

like i said, it used to work...  any thoughts?

thanks!

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
Re: touchscreen add on mame games
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 01:54:42 pm »
What version of MAME?

Check to make sure that you don't have multi-mouse enabled.  That uses raw data, which probably isn't going to make any sense to MAME.
Disabling it will use the system mouse after it's been processed by windows.

Does a regular mouse work? 
(this would rule out other settings being wrong)

tony.silveira

• Offline Offline
    • my baby
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 03:31:27 pm »
upl give the no multimouse thing a go when i get.  question though, i have a trackball, 2 spinners and 2 lightguns.  since all of those items register as nice, don’t i have to have multimouse on?

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 03:39:51 pm »
upl give the no multimouse thing a go when i get.  question though, i have a trackball, 2 spinners and 2 lightguns.  since all of those items register as nice, don’t i have to have multimouse on?

It must be enabled if you want both light guns to work, or the trackball to work simultaneously with anything else. 
Also windows mouse settings will have an affect if it is disabled, so that is another nuisance.

You can make a custom config file with multi-mouse disabled for each touchscreen game though.

tony.silveira

• Offline Offline
    • my baby
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 09:36:33 pm »
thanks man, appreciate the insight.  i turned off multimouse but still the same behavior.  if i try to assign the screen touch to a button, nothing happens.  yet within the mame control set up screen, i can see the yellowish selection bar move up and down depending on where i am touching.

touchscreen works fine in windows also, this has me stumped.  i even used the mame controllerconfig file to assign a static mouse number to the touchscreen.  if i run mame in verbose, i can see that the screen is assigned the mouse number i gave it. 

it seems mame is only seeing the x y coordinates as i can see that selection moving but it isn’t seeing a mouse button press.