Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mame PC to a Jamma (namco) lightgun cabinet?  (Read 2463 times)

jayc001

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2023, 06:14:55 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mame PC to a Jamma (namco) lightgun cabinet?
« on: June 21, 2018, 04:53:21 am »
Hi Folks,

I've always wanted a light gun cab and a point blank one has appeared very close to where I live. I have several cabinets in my arcade all running PCs and emulators so I was thinking is there a USB to jamma adapter that supports light guns so I could play Point Blank, time crisis and house of dead etc all in one cabinet without the cost of purchasing multiple game boards and a switcher?

Thanks

Jay

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
Re: Mame PC to a Jamma (namco) lightgun cabinet?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 12:07:16 am »
It won't work the way you want it to, or think it will. Just buy your lightgun cab and enjoy it dedicated.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Titchgamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 02:36:11 am »
You would be better off buying 2 aim traks and connecting up to a MAME machine if you want to do that.

Or just keep it dedicated which is what I would do with a point blank that game is awesome!!

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 09:54:06 am
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 09:31:05 am »
It's possible with the interface out of an America's Army machine, but they are hard to come by.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,138723.msg1433282.html#msg1433282

Of course you need a CRT monitor for any real light gun to work.
If you didn't know that already, then you've got a lot of learning to do before blowing money on anything.