Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My First Cabinet/ Entertainment Center Build Houston Astros Theme  (Read 1416 times)

niemeyerw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • It is what it is.
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157234.0.html
Re: My First Cabinet/ Entertainment Center Build Houston Astros Theme
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2018, 12:11:43 am »
Thatís kind of what I was thinking as well on the number of games for 4 players. And other than the wiring, cutting a new cp will only take a couple of hours plus prep/ paint so itís not the end of the world if I end up not liking it

niemeyerw

• Offline Offline
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2018, 09:47:10 am »
Made some progress this weekend.  Got the main cabinet pieces primed and the big cabinet, and cp painted with the first coat.  So far, so good, but I AM TIRED OF SANDING! lol  I'll post some pics when I get a little farther.  Painting will probably take all week.  I'm limited to a couple of hours in the evenings after work, and I'm working with limited space in my garage.  The dang paint I bought takes 8hrs to dry in between coats as well.

niemeyerw

• Offline Offline
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2018, 01:35:31 pm »
Here's some pics after priming and the first coat of blue.  Haven't started on the orange yet.  Hopefully the rain will pass and I can work some more tonight.

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
    • Bella's Arcade
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2018, 02:05:18 pm »
Wow that is a large cabinet.  Are those 4 holes behind the CP for the cupholders?  Can you comfortably reach your drink?

Nice calendar by the way.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Online Online
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2018, 02:27:30 pm »
TAMU and tiddies.  PBJ approved.

:cheers:

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2018, 02:29:03 pm »
Even Jennifer gets all amused.... ;)

niemeyerw

• Offline Offline
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2018, 05:28:15 pm »
"TAMU and Tiddies"-LMBO sorry guys- didn't even consider the calendar on the wall. 
Didn't mean to offend anyone.

niemeyerw

• Offline Offline
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2018, 05:39:02 pm »
Wow that is a large cabinet.  Are those 4 holes behind the CP for the cupholders?  Can you comfortably reach your drink?

Nice calendar by the way.
Yes, those are for the cupholders, and yeah- even the center ones are easily accessible.  Go big or go home, right?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 09:43:53 pm by niemeyerw »

niemeyerw

• Offline Offline
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2018, 09:28:58 am »
Nothing exciting to post lately.  Still working on painting and sanding.  Will post more pics when something exciting happens.

In the mean time, I wanted to ask if anyone here has ever bought one of the "pre-configured/Pre-loaded" hyperspin drives?  I get the legalities behind it, so I don't need a lecture, I just simply want to know if anyone has bought one and if it worked.  I found one I can buy that is not much more than the storage drive the info is sitting on.  It's an 8TB drive so it would hold more than I could ever possibly need.

barrymossel

• Online Online
  • RetroPie all the way!
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2018, 03:55:06 pm »
Nothing exciting to post lately.  Still working on painting and sanding.  Will post more pics when something exciting happens.

In the mean time, I wanted to ask if anyone here has ever bought one of the "pre-configured/Pre-loaded" hyperspin drives?  I get the legalities behind it, so I don't need a lecture, I just simply want to know if anyone has bought one and if it worked.  I found one I can buy that is not much more than the storage drive the info is sitting on.  It's an 8TB drive so it would hold more than I could ever possibly need.
Why not decide what you need and go from there? Why get 1000's of roms and emulators you won't need? Doesn't look easy to navigate through that?

(And watch out for viruses...)

javeryh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
    • Bella's Arcade
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2018, 12:35:04 pm »

Why not decide what you need and go from there? Why get 1000's of roms and emulators you won't need? Doesn't look easy to navigate through that?

(And watch out for viruses...)

Part of the fun is curating your own game lists.  There are plenty of "best of" lists floating around to get you started.  I find that trying to include "everything" actually makes it harder to use the cabinet. 

niemeyerw

• Offline Offline
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2018, 08:45:23 pm »
Thanks guys. I think Iíve decided to do everything myself that way I learn the ins and outs of how it all works.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31