Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help on resetting the button assignments on mameox on original xbox  (Read 1785 times)

Lucky Rockmore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2018, 11:50:48 am
So I had my friends over and one of their sons for a lack of a better term really "jacked up" the configuration for all of the games; input (general). Somehow I can still get into the menu but cannot navigate through it. I'm assuming they brought up they menu by accident and then selected a bunch of controller and button commands and now I'm pretty much stuck without any sort of clue as to what to do or where to go from here. Any information would be so greatly appreciated as for now this emulator is pretty much useless.

UnoWho

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2024, 06:36:01 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Help on resetting the button assignments on mameox on original xbox
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 10:17:30 pm »
So I had my friends over and one of their sons for a lack of a better term really "jacked up" the configuration for all of the games; input (general). Somehow I can still get into the menu but cannot navigate through it. I'm assuming they brought up they menu by accident and then selected a bunch of controller and button commands and now I'm pretty much stuck without any sort of clue as to what to do or where to go from here. Any information would be so greatly appreciated as for now this emulator is pretty much useless.

I would delete mamedox and get coin ops.  Just stick it in the same directory.  Its a pain going through all those config screens.  Coin ops should reset it.  Dunno if it is still being updated.

DeLuSioNal29

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2023, 11:39:06 pm
  • Build the impossible -"There is no Spoon"
    • DeLuSioNaL's YouTube Videos
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 03:54:38 pm »
There should be a master cfg file somewhere that you can kill so that it reverts back to default.  Do you have a file manager?  Try renaming the file to .bak and seeing if it fixes the problem.  If not, rename it back.  Experiment.

DeL
Stop by my Youtube channel and leave a comment:

Lucky Rockmore

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2018, 11:50:48 am
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 06:05:43 pm »
I would love nothing more than to have the new coin ops but don't know the first thing about getting it on my xbox as I bought it as was for my cab. As far as trying to find the file and erase it or rename it, again, I wouldn't have the slightest clue as to where to go. If woodworking is your game then I'm your man, when it comes to tech my scope is limited. I can tell you that the Xbox is hard modded with a chip and has a 320 gb hdd. It's also running unleashX