Software Support > GroovyMAME

Using a second LCD screen as a marque display in Groovymame

<< < (2/6) > >>

funkycochise:
I also did today the same kind of experimentation.
extended desktop, both in 640x480 so it works in 15Khz and 31Khz
I just could succeed in making main screen to work.
but I couldn’t achieve displaying any marquee.

where did you put your marquee artworks ?
Could you provide your mame.ini ?

Calamity:

--- Quote from: Edglaf on January 20, 2018, 09:37:24 am ---Other combinations caused mame to fail when loading any rom. With this setting and extended desktop groovymame does not make use of the proper emudriver settings while showing artwork in that display, and shows every rom display in interlaced modes in my CRT TV (no superres or anything, just interlaced modes in several games tested).

--- End quote ---

That's because Switchres only operates on screen0. Trying to use it on other output will fail. I don't know how you are doing this, but a logical setup would be setting the CRT as primary desktop from Windows display properties, and the LCD marquee as secondary. In that conditions, GM should be able to work on the CRT while still show artwork on the LCD. Long ago I tried a similar setup and got it working.

Edglaf:

--- Quote from: funkycochise on January 20, 2018, 02:31:19 pm ---I also did today the same kind of experimentation.
extended desktop, both in 640x480 so it works in 15Khz and 31Khz
I just could succeed in making main screen to work.
but I couldn’t achieve displaying any marquee.

where did you put your marquee artworks ?
Could you provide your mame.ini ?

--- End quote ---

I put them in artwork folder, Take into account that a bare .*png file with the rom name is not enough. You'd better get the compressed artwork file with  a "default.lay" file in. That file may contain the information for mame to point correctly what images are for bezel, marquee etc

I changed my .ini eversince to perform trial-and-error tests (with dismal results, not satisfactory). I' ll try to post my ini on friday, as soon as I have time to...

funkycochise:

I'll create my own topic to avoid any polution  :D

funkycochise:
Hi guys,

I've managed to make a second screen to work in order to display some artworks (marquee for example)

My setup : I'm using a HD5450 that outputs 15Khz on its VGA port.
In windows 7, This screen is labeled as "1" and main display (.\DISPLAY1).

What I have tried :

1. I plugged a secondary screen on the DVI port. I need to "Detect" the screen and expand the desktop.
In this configuration, the DVI becomes the labeled "1" (\.\DISPLAY1) and and the VGA arcade becomes "2" (\.\DISPLAY2)
I wasn't able to change that numbering. I tried anyway to make artworks worked in this configuration but was stuck in Direct 3D errors.

But with what calimity said, that only screen 0 was used for switchres (\.\DISPLAY1), I knew it was a dead end.

2. I had the Idea to use the internal Intel for my secondary screen. In this configuration the VGA output remains labeled 1 (\.\DISPLAY1)
and the internal card appears as \\.\DISPLAY3  : good

I then tried to configure that second screen for mame. I've tested with bublbobl
That is where I have arrived, no error, and bubble bobble working correctly on the arcade main screen.
But secondary screen remains "as is"

If someone can points out where to look now ?

(.txt namings are for upload reason)
Pierre.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version