Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: First build – 32 inch lcd wide body two player  (Read 566 times)

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
First build – 32 inch lcd wide body two player
« on: December 30, 2017, 12:41:05 pm »
First question, how do you modify img tags to rotate the pictures?!??

Guys, its time to give back to the community.

Over the last two months I have been working on my first build and I was able to “complete” just before Christmas.

Goal of the build:
•   First build – don’t go wild
•   Use old 32 inch lcd screen – 720p
•   Use old dual core intel based computer
•   Two player controls – 6 buttons per player, plus coin/start and MAME control buttons
•   No leds
•   No paint, at least not yet
•   Cheap computer speakers for sound

End Result:

Profile was based on ChanceKJ Overambitious build plans with slight modifications for monitor height. Plywood is 5/8 one side sanded with takes it down to 19/32nds.

Monitor mount - it is an old Samsung 32 inch 720p lcd circa 2008. Mounted using cheap ledger board and plywood.

Frame is built by 2x4s

Controls are from RetroActive Arcade in Edmonton Alberta.
Controls are inexpensive zippy long joysticks and buttons.
I went with minipac controller. What a good upgrade for $12 to get the wiring harness instead of fussing around with wiring... and that is coming from an electrical engineer :-)

I scored a free set of ten year old speakers off of Kijiji.

Speakers are mounted above the monitor, sub is down below.

I glued and screwed where possible. Otherwise only glued. I was trying to avoid screws fro mthe outsie but gave up on that goal.

Controls are mounted with no mortise hinges:

For now, I'm just running with MAME until I can figure out some other front end setups.
Computer is mounted without a case under the controls.

Kids love it!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:46:39 pm by JRIP »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31