Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help required please, Ducksan board  (Read 1742 times)

Dubber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2018, 11:52:00 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help required please, Ducksan board
« on: October 31, 2017, 10:14:42 pm »
Hello all.

First time poster but frequent visitor.

I'm working on a type 20 ducksan (old type) (thanks to Mr Layton for the guide)monitor with the intention of recapping it. However, I've run into a snag, I wanted to just replace all the caps, Lens guide of the old type 20 mentions quite a few of them but not all, and if I look at the 'new' type 20 cap list it for the most part does tie up with the old but not all. Does anyone by any chance have a cap list for the old type 20 ducksan kw 992 and the neck board.

Thanks

Dub

Dubber

• Offline Offline
Re: Help required please, Ducksan board
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 12:23:36 pm »
Edit to the above post:

Looks as though I've drawn a blank on a full list of caps required for this so I'll go for a wildcard :)

This monitor is out of a megatouch encore 7, ducksan (old type) 20.  If anyone has one could they post the specs of the largest cap on the neckboard.

On the mainboard I'm pulling a few 2200mf 16v and a couple of 22mf 160v and I have no way of knowing if whoever had this previously just chucked anything in in the hope that it would work.

Cheers

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 08:53:20 am
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 12:48:10 pm »
http://slot-tech.com/amusements/monitor_schematic_diagrams/ducksan_type20.jpg

10uf 160v according to the schems
how do you know its cap related, I remember working on these and there were loads of faults from ntc, bridge, lm1203, caps, hot, flyback etc

Dubber

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 03:21:28 pm »
That's looks like the 'new' type 20. Mine's got a 22mf 160v sitting in the neckboard

In reply to your question, I don't. The thing has been sitting in a dry but very hot/cold room -20 for 2 plus years and I'm guessing that's not done the caps any good so I thought I'd just start from scratch and replace them, then move on from there.

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 08:53:20 am
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 09:12:30 am »
just stick the same value cap back in