Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Trouble running certain games like Tron, Star Trek SOS, etc, on Raspberry Pi  (Read 2758 times)

2muchmark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2017, 10:03:40 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi Everyone,

First to the mods - thanks for allowing me to sign up!

I've discover the fun of MAME and classic arcade games.  I've setup a Raspberry Pi 3 with RecallBox & Emulation Station 4.1.0-dev,  installed it into a really cool cabinet from Rec Room designs and connected it to an Xtension controller Emulator Edition.  It looks great, BUT,  certain games just won't play!

Some games like Joust, Defender, Stargate all run well.

Other games like Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator,  Star Wars, Battlezone, Tron and Discs of Tron,  won't play.  What happens is this: The games start up and run,  but I can't get past this part,  even on a keyboard.  On Star Trek I found that "Insert Coin" is mapped to the right-shift key, but that's all I can get to work.  I can't click a "Start Player 1" no matter what I do or key I remap it to.

I believe the version of Mame I am running is Mame2003 and Advancemame.  Neither seems to work.

Any help is appreciated.