Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ipac problems  (Read 1492 times)

Violinae

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 20, 2021, 05:50:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Ipac problems
« on: September 19, 2017, 07:20:04 pm »
Hi, i just bought a ipac ultimate board with two servosticks and some led buttons for 2 players. I plugged everything well, i think. but the only buttons that work are the 2nd player ones, the 1st player buttons dont work, none of the servosticks work and none of the start, coin of both players work, the led function works in every one. The motor for the 4/8 way works as well. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced, sorry for my english.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:10:09 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: Ipac problems
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 08:00:39 pm »
We'd need to see how you have it wired
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

woosdom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 07, 2020, 12:48:51 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 08:53:32 pm »
 Check all your connections to the pcb, especially the ground connection on your daisy chained wires. Make sure the wire is stripped back far enough to make good contact at the terminations.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:13:23 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 09:25:01 pm »
the 1st player buttons dont work, none of the servosticks work and none of the start, coin of both players work
Your pictures show that the daisy-chain ground is on the Common (COM) tab of each microswitch. -- Looks good.

Are the input wires on the Normally Open (NO) tab of each microswitch? -- Can't tell from the pictures.  :dunno

If each input wire is on the NO tab, you might have a continuity problem with your daisy-chain ground.

Power down the computer/I-Pac (unless you want to fry your multimeter), set your multimeter to either Ohms or continuity, and check if there is continuity (<2 ohms or a "beep") between the daisy-chain ground on one of the working P2 buttons and the daisy-chain ground on one of the non-working P1 buttons.

If there is continuity between the two daisy-chains, the problem is probably with the input wire connections to the Ultimate I/O board.

Also, you should strongly consider rerouting the brown wire in the first picture so it is clear of the shaft, actuator and restrictor plate.   ;)

Scott

AndyWarne

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2021, 03:37:09 am
    • Ultimarc
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 12:44:09 pm »
Also assisting with this by email.

It does sound like a daisy-chain issue but the OP has reconfigured all the keycodes on the board so I have suggested a direct board test using a grounded wire directly to touch each pin first to confirm board operation.