Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CRT Emudriver in AMD APU? (sorry if has been asked before)  (Read 7297 times)

mghty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2020, 04:35:09 am
  • On the road to 15khz!
Re: CRT Emudriver in AMD APU? (sorry if has been asked before)
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2019, 05:26:09 am »
Awesome!, ..can now confirm i've also had success with the laptop i was struggling with...

(DELL INSPIRON M5110 (Laptop), WINDOWS 10, 1.90GHz AMD A4-3300, 8GB RAM - DUAL CORE CPU & DUAL GRAPHICS RADEON HD 6480G & RADEON HD 7400M)
- CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 15 (Catalyst 12.6) for Windows 7/8/10 64-bits
CRT TV: Panasonic TX-G10
Connection: RetroCables (Spain) VGA-to-RGB(Scart) Cable

For success with this one i needed the laptop to have 'dual graphics' enabled (which seemed odd to me at first because i thought dual graphics would cause problems with CRT Emudriver & VMMaker).
During the 'installing the driver' part, CRT Emudriver installed perfectly only when i selected RADEON HD 7400M, but from that point onwards it was just the RADEON HD 6480G that was targeted/effective.
I prob didn't explain that very well, but long story short, for me it was a case of targeting the 7400M first, and then only targeting the 6480G.
The other struggle i had was with VMMaker.... specifically the part when you install the modes... i would get lines of 'Rejected by Driver' no matter what i tried. It sucked because i knew i was so close to success.
I finally tried changing the output of my laptop to second screen only ...and success!
Thankyou Calamity and also Buttersoft & Substring for your help guys  :cheers:

....and can also comment that the VGA-to-Scart cable from RetroCables-Spain is excellent, and hopefully will continue to be!

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 20, 2020, 11:45:43 pm
  • Is running at 15kHz
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2019, 06:40:26 pm »
Thank you guys for reporting back :) This is great info, and will definitely help others going forward.

mghty

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 17, 2020, 04:35:09 am
  • On the road to 15khz!
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2019, 04:07:12 pm »
This thread is becoming a really handy place for new users of CRT Emudriver & VMMaker to view past user experiences and problem-solving, etc,  but is there any way we can change the title of this thread? ..to reflect what it has become, and hopefully what it will continue to be.
..Am thinking a title of something like: CRT Emudriver and VMMaker New User Experiences & Problem Solving

No worries if anyone feels it's wrong of me to ask, and not worth doing, ..but seems like it could be a worthwhile/helpful change

K-rnivoro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2020, 12:25:35 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2020, 03:50:24 pm »
Nice to see my post was filled with very useful information!!  :applaud: