Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Why would anyone spend (gulp) $200 on a used Wico P360?  (Read 3549 times)

Mr. Peabody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
Re: Why would anyone spend (gulp) $200 on a used Wico P360?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 04:12:20 am »
The fool and his money is easily parted.  ;)
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 01:11:49 pm »
Perfect 360s are stupidly rare in both the Wico and later Happ variety. I don't think they ever came on any machine, they only existed as an expensive upgrade that almost no ops would ever shell out the money for. They were around $100 when Happ stopped selling them.

I have the Happ ones on my cabinet with Robotron handles on them and they are incredible.

Also, people want them to do Berzerk restorations, as they reproed the optical stick handles to match up with 360 hardware no realizing when they did it that the 360 bases were almost as rare as the original Berzerk optical sticks.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.

Mr. Peabody

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2019, 02:30:42 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 10:29:12 pm »

I have the Happ ones on my cabinet with Robotron handles on them and they are incredible.

Also, people want them to do Berzerk restorations, as they reproed the optical stick handles to match up with 360 hardware no realizing when they did it that the 360 bases were almost as rare as the original Berzerk optical sticks.

I like the P360, but the spring tension does make it tiring after a little while. I can't see the need for a non-mechanical stick for Berzerk.

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 08:38:21 pm »

The original stick is optical and although almost every operator swapped them out for Wicos, some people are just purists.
I like the P360, but the spring tension does make it tiring after a little while. I can't see the need for a non-mechanical stick for Berzerk.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.